1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 4:50 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post
      • 30. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
        Thanks for that link - I will look that over next. However, I just noticed that when I try to save context file changes through the UI, I get this message:

"Failed when writing Context Configuration files back to file system. Possible causes: An Error occured during file transmission in the FND File Server: An error occurred while attempting to establish an Applications File Server connection with the node gen1-cs21. There may be a network configuration problem, or the TNS listener on node gen1-cs21 may not be running. Please contact your system administrator. . However, you still can run AutoConfig and restart services to make sure these settings take effects."

Is this to be expected or could this be contributing to the problem?
        • 31. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

Try the suggested solutions in the following documents.

Note: 459742.1 - OAM : Failed When Writing Context Configuration Files Back to File System
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=459742.1

Note: 387247.1 - OAM Fails When Writing Context Configuration Files Back To File System
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=387247.1

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 32. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
            Those articles deal with 11i - I'm hitting this problem in R12. I've tried searching through MetaLink myself, but can't find anything for R12. Also, those articles deal with either multi-node installations or specific error messages, neither of which apply to me.
            • 33. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,

Did you update the application context file only? Or both the database and the application context file?

Did you verify that the listener is up and running? Is it possible to bounce the listener and try to save the changes again?

Can you see the changes you have done via OAM saved in the context file (from the OS)?

Do you get the same error whenever you try to update the database/application context file?

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 34. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
                Going through the list of variables that had to be changed (link), I found all of them in the application context file, so that is the only file I changed.

After committing my changes through OAM, I did look at the XML file by hand - nothing had changed. Only after I ran autoconfig did the XML file change.

How do I verify the listener is up and running? What needs to be done to "bounce the listener"?
                • 35. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  After committing my changes through OAM, I did look at the XML file by hand - nothing had changed. Only after I ran autoconfig did the XML file change.
                  If the changes were saved, then I believe there is nothing to worry about.
                  How do I verify the listener is up and running?
                  As applmgr source the application env file and issue "lsnrctl status" OR use adalnctl.sh script.
                  What needs to be done to "bounce the listener"?
                  As applmgr source the application env file and issue "lsnrctl stop" then "lsnrctl start" OR use adalnctl.sh script.

Regards,
                  Hussein
                  • 36. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
                    Thanks for all your help Hussein - if (when) I run into any more issues, I'll start more focused threads.
                    • 37. Re: How do I change Oracle Forms access mode?
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Kyle,

You're welcome!

Regards,
                      Hussein
                      1 2 3 Previous Next