5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2009 7:16 AM by MansaPro RSS

Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI

Hi,

We are trying to connect to Active Directory though ODI Topology manager.
      The details given are :

+1. Using LDAP(JNDI) driver:+

username : CN=Administrator
      JDBC Driver name : com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
      JDBC URL : ldap://ten.mydomain.com:636/dc=oracle,dc=com

I am getting the error as shown below:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(Unknown Source)

at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.u(SnpsConnection.java)

at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.a(SnpsConnection.java)

at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.testConnection(SnpsConnection.java)

at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.testConnection(SnpsConnection.java)

*2. Sunopsis JDBC driver for LDAP:*

Username: cn=Administrator
      JDBC Driver Name : com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.SnpsLdapDriver
      JDBC Driver URL :
      jdbc:snps:ldap?ldap_url=ldap://ten.mydomain.com:636/&ldap_password=abcd1234&ldap_basedn=dc=oracle,dc=com

We also tried with URL : jdbc:snps:ldap?ldap_url=ldap://ten.mydomain.com:636/&ldap_basedn=dc=oracle,dc=com

We are getting an error as shown below:

Java.sql.SQLException: A NamingException occured saying: Request: 1 cancelled with this explanation: Request: 1 cancelled and this remaining name: null

at com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.i.e(i.java)

at com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.i.a(i.java)

at com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.SnpsLdapConnection.<init>(SnpsLdapConnection.java)

Did I misconfigure something? Do I need to install a seperate Driver for this?
      Please help me out in this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
        • 1. Re: Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI
          user10586521
          For LDAP default user Root is having all the priviledge to access all the Ldap data.

Go to physical architecture and insert a new dataserver

user - cn=root,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com [ change this  according to your requirememnt  for you it will be   *cn=Administrator ,dc=oracle,dc=com* ]

password - null

JDBC

jdbc driver : com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.SnpsLdapDriver

jdbc url : jdbc:snps:ldap?ldap_url=ldap://<server name :port/&ldap_password=KLLEJMNLKFLBKLKODDGPGPDB&ldap_basedn=dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com

[  for you it will be  *jdbc:snps:ldap?ldap_url=ldap://ten.mydomain.com:636/&ldap_password=<encoded password>ldap_basedn=dc=oracle,dc=com* ]

Here the Default Ldap password for ROOT is SECURITY and if its changed or you are using for some other user . Please use that .

you also need to encode the password using this command

java -cp C:\OraHome_1\oracledi\drivers\snpsldapo.jar com.sunopsis.ldap.jdbc.driver.SnpsLdapEncoder <enter password here>

Later test the connection and you should be able to connect successfully.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI
            Excellent.

That solved the issue.

Thanks a lot for your help.

So, the trick here is that, JDBC URL should have ldap_password and ldap_baseddn only and not username.
            • 3. Re: Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI
              MansaPro
              Hi ,

I am trying to connect to MQ through JMS queue. I tried with existing drivers , i got error as "Cannot create the initial JNDI context". Then my MQ team told me to use com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory driver for JNDI.

when I used this as JNDI driver and click on JNDI Url it says "Thsi driver is not referenced in the list of URLs"

Any idea how to add this driver in ODI ?

- Mano
              • 4. Re: Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI
                user10586521
                under the topology - > JMS queue - > jndi tab

put the driver

JNDI DRIVER = com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
                JNDI URL = file:// [ where  the required jndi directory is ]

Refer to the metalink.oracle doc id -Doc ID: 552671.1 for more information .
                • 5. Re: Not able to connect to Active Directory through Topology manager of ODI
                  MansaPro
                  Thanks a lot for the doc ref. I have tried all the steps mentioned in the document but having some issue connecting to MQ server
                  getting error as
                  "7000 : null : com.sunopsis.sql.l: Oracle Data Integrator Timeout: connection with URL JDBC:SNPS:JMSQueue:jndi:file:/C:\JNDI?factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory&jndi_ressource=NYDEXQCF&security.authentication=None& and user"

I guess my ODI setup is right , now i have to check the MQ setups.

Thanks,
                  -Mano