1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 5:14 AM by Prasad K T RSS

Unable to create or drop OEM repository

aaaaa
      Hi;

I wanna recreate OEM and i use this command for it..

emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

and its ended error.. while i look log i saw this:

oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException: ORA-20001: SYSMAN already exists..
      ORA-06512: at line 17

As i my search i see i need to drop repos first... for this i used this command:

emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop

when i used it i have error again and log files says me:

*[20-05-2009 04:43:24] Could not connect to SYS/(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=dbvault.xx.com)(PO*
      RT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=orcl))): ORA-01031: insufficient privileges (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)

i gave SYS password when process ask me but dont understand why i had this error...

Anyone has idea?

Thanks

Edited by: aaaaa on May 21, 2009 12:27 AM
        • 1. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
          20-05-2009 04:43:24 Could not connect to SYS/(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=dbvault.xx.com)(PO
          RT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=orcl))): ORA-01031: insufficient privileges (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)
          I think you dont have password file created. create passwod file and re try the command

check the following metalink note

Problem: Running EMCA Fails With 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' When Database Password File Is Not Configured
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=358201.1
          • 2. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Hi,

Follow the steps in the following documents to enable OEM with 11i/R12.

Note: 458533.1 - How to Enable Enterprise Manager on the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12
            https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=458533.1

Note: 278100.1 - How To Drop, Create And Recreate DB Control In A 10g Database
            https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=278100.1

Regards,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
              aaaaa
              Thanks for quick replay

i could drop OEM and when i want to create it i have this error now:

oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException: ORA-24344: success with compilation error
              ORA-06512: at line 38

at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine.executeImpl(SQLEngine.java:1474)
              at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine.executeScript(SQLEngine.java:848)
              at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLPlusEngine.executeScript(SQLPlusEngine.java:267)
              at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLPlusEngine.executeScript(SQLPlusEngine.java:308)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.createRepository(EMReposConfig.java:422)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:192)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:134)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.perform(EMConfig.java:171)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.invokeEMCA(EMConfigAssistant.java:486)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1142)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EMConfigAssistant.java:470)
              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfigAssistant.java:419)
              May 20, 2009 6:16:02 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke

I found 333567.1 Doc and i followed but there is still same error occured after what document said..

anyone has idea?
              • 4. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Hi,

Did you run catproc.sql script under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin successfully?

Do you get the same error when you run "emca -config dbcontrol db" and "emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create"?

Regards,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                  aaaaa
                  Did you run catproc.sql script under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin successfully?
                  its ended wihtout error
                  Do you get the same error when you run "emca -config dbcontrol db" and "emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create"?
                  for emca -config dbcontrol db i had this error:

CONFIG: Failed to unlock mgmt_view account
                  May 20, 2009 6:39:33 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                  SEVERE: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts
                  May 20, 2009 6:39:33 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                  Refer to the log file at /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/cfgtoollogs/emca/orcl/emca_2009-05-20_06-39-15-AM.log for more details.
                  May 20, 2009 6:39:33 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                  CONFIG: Stack Trace:
                  oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.EMConfigException: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts
                  at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:302)
                  at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1142)
                  • 6. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    Hi,

Verify the name of the password file, and make sure it is created as orapw<SID> (not orapw<sid>).

Similar error and solution is reported in the following thread.

By Which tool . . . . . DBA can admin E-Business Suite database ?
                    By Which tool . . . . . DBA can admin E-Business Suite database ?

Regards,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                      aaaaa
                      Hi;
                      Verify the name of the password file, and make sure it is created as orapw<SID> (not orapw<sid>).
                      You are right my password file was orapw<sid> and i made it orapw<SID>, and then i follow those steps:

1. emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop

successed

2. orapwd file=orapwORCL password=oracle entries=3

3.grant execute on utl_smtp to public;
                      grant execute on utl_tcp to public;
                      grant execute on utl_file to public;
                      grant execute on dbms_sql to public;

all granted

4.drop user sysman cascade;
                      drop role MGMT_USER;
                      drop user MGMT_VIEW cascade;
                      drop public synonym MGMT_TARGET_BLACKOUTS;
                      drop public synonym SETEMVIEWUSERCONTEXT;

gives:ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist*and user does not exist error*

5.Run the catproc.sql script from ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin

ended

6.emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException: ORA-24344: success with compilation error

at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine.executeImpl(SQLEngine.java:1474)
                      at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine.executeScript(SQLEngine.java:848)
                      at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLPlusEngine.executeScript(SQLPlusEngine.java:267)
                      at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLPlusEngine.executeScript(SQLPlusEngine.java:308)
                      at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.createRepository(EMReposConfig.java:422)
                      at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:192)
                      May 20, 2009 7:53:42 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                      SEVERE: Error creating the repository
                      7.emca -config dbcontrol db

May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                      CONFIG: Couldn't execute statement: ORA-01403: no data found
                      ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_VIEW_PRIV", line 41
                      ORA-06512: at line 1 (DBD NO_DATA: OCIStmtExecute) at /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/scripts/emca/emcaDbUtil.pl li
                      ne 108, <STDIN> line 2.

May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                      CONFIG: Error executing /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/scripts/emca/emcaDbUtil /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
                      */perl/lib:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/perl/lib/site_perl:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/scripts:/u01/app/o*
                      racle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/perl/bin/perl /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/sc
                      ripts/emca/emcaDbUtil.pl /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 orcl SYS SYSDBA declare repos_pwd varchar2(30); view_user varchar2(30);
                      view_user_pwd varchar2(30); view_user_acc_status varchar2(30); begin repos_pwd := ?; sysman.mgmt_view_priv.get_view_user(view_user)
                      *; select account_status into view_user_acc_status from sys.dba_users where upper(username) = upper ( view_user ); IF view_user_acc_s*
                      tatus like '%LOCKED%' THEN execute immediate 'alter user ' || view_user || ' account unlock'; END IF; IF view_user_acc_status like '
                      *%EXPIRED%' THEN sysman.mgmt_view_priv.set_view_user_creds ( repos_pwd ); sysman.mgmt_view_priv.GET_VIEW_USER_CREDS ( view_user, view*
                      userpwd ); execute immediate 'alter user ' || view_user || ' identified by ' || view_user_pwd || ''; END IF; end; 1 SYSMAN_PWD*

May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig unlockMGMTAccount
                      CONFIG: Failed to unlock mgmt_view account
                      May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                      May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                      Refer to the log file at /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/cfgtoollogs/emca/orcl/emca_2009-05-20_07-54-16-AM.log for more details.
                      May 20, 2009 7:54:32 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                      CONFIG: Stack Trace:

oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.EMConfigException: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts
                      at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:302)
                      8.emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate

May 20, 2009 7:56:00 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                      CONFIG: Enter SYS user's password :

Enter repository user password :

Getting temporary tablespace from database...
                      Could not connect to SYS/(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=dbvault.innova.com.tr)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(S
                      ERVICE_NAME=orcl))): ORA-01031: insufficient privileges (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)I followed upper steps and i had those error :) Any idea

thanks alot

PS: I already opened sr for it.. if we solve problem i will share it here
                      • 8. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        Hi,
                        Can you find any errors in the database log file?

See this document (Step 15) if it is applicable here.

Note: 750768.1 - Quick Guide to Avoid Issues in Creating DB Control Using EMCA
                        https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=750768.1

Regards,
                        Hussein
                        • 9. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                          aaaaa
                          Hussein;

İ just have this error in alert file

MTTR advisory is disabled because FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET is not set

nothing else is there :(
                          • 10. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            Hi,

Please verify that you are able to connect as sysdba remotely.

Regards,
                            Hussein
                            • 11. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                              aaaaa
                              I could connect and can send some sql to db...

sqlplus sysdba/oracle as sysdba

Connected to:
                              Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
                              With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP, Data Mining
                              and Real Application Testing options

SQL> select name from v$database;

NAME
                              ---------
                              ORCL
                              • 12. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                                MTTR advisory is disabled because FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET is not set
                                This is just normal message, you can ignore. You are getting that error, because, that parameter is not set.
                                The above parameter is introduced in 9i, which enables to set the no of seconds
                                db should take for crash recovery.
                                • 13. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  Hi,

Did you try this remotely?

Please review the following document to fix the 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' error, verify that the password file was created as per the documents and the database parameter remote_login_passwordfile is set to 'EXCLUSIVE'.

Note: 358201.1 - Problem: Running EMCA Fails With 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' When Database Password File Is Not Configured
                                  https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=358201.1

Note: 315479.1 - Problem: RepManager: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges cearting repository in existing database during 10.1.0.3.0 Grid Control Install
                                  https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=315479.1

Regards,
                                  Hussein
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to create or drop OEM repository
                                    aaaaa
                                    hsawwan wrote:
                                    Hi,

Did you try this remotely?
                                    Yes this is remotly

remote_login_passwordfile string EXCLUSIVE < <show parameter remote_login_passwordfile
                                    Please review the following document to fix the 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' error, verify that the password file was created as per the documents and the database parameter remote_login_passwordfile is set to 'EXCLUSIVE'.

Note: 358201.1 - Problem: Running EMCA Fails With 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' When Database Password File Is Not Configured

Note: 315479.1 - Problem: RepManager: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges cearting repository in existing database during 10.1.0.3.0 Grid Control Install
                                    https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=315479.1
                                    Followed those notes and create pw file again and error still same ...

I need to say Thanks for your kind and correct answer hussein.. u ar the best of the best..
                                    Regards
                                    1 2 Previous Next