9 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2009 11:58 AM by user30672

PO Status

User009
      Dear Experts,

I have PO (eg: 123).

The status of the PO is Approved , i dont want to change the status of the PO whenever any change is made in the PO.

Which workflow should i made change in to avoid the PO status to be changed.

Thanks,

Rehan
        • 1. Re: PO Status
          Hi Rehan,

Once a PO is approved, when ever any change is being done in the PO, the PO goes to requires reapproval status so that the changes can be approved. Even if you will take the help of the the PO Update API, that goes through the approval process also. Please let me know the fields which you want to change in the PO.

Regards,
          Jyoti
          • 2. Re: PO Status
            User009
            Hi Jyoti,

Did you understand my question?

Once Again ! My Question is When ay PO is "approved" if any change is made in that PO its status changes to "Requires Reapproval" , i want this status change to be avioded (means it should remain as it is "Approved only".

In which workflow we can do this?

Thanks,

Rehan
            • 3. Re: PO Status
              Hello Rehan,

An approved PO gets set to Requires Reapproval status when you make change to any information that would be of interest to supplier. Moreover the logic for change of status is not available in Workflow. When you make a change on PO and hit commit there is a PLSQL logic whick checks if a new revision needs to be created. You can check PO_REVISIONS_GRP plsql package which will give you the fields which if you change will lead to a new revision.

Thats the reason when you make change to PO Description in the headers region your PO wont go into Requires-Reapproval state.

If you can let me know the business case I might be able to help.

Regards
              Arun
              • 4. Re: PO Status
                User009
                Hello Arun,

The Business case is that, we are having a PO that has its status "Approved" , the steps are as followed:

1) We have an "approved" PO.

2) we can go to the Terms buttons,

3) Terms & Conditions window opens,

4) Click on Edit Contract Terms buttons, this action makes change in the status of PO from "Approved" to "Requires Approval".

5) We dont want this to happen, it should remain as it is ( Approved).

if you are not clear you can give me your email i can mail you the detaisl.

Regards,

Rehan
                • 5. Re: PO Status
                  User009
                  Hi Arun,

We can find POREVISIONS_GRP_* plsql package under which schema?

Regards,

Rehan
                  • 6. Re: PO Status
                    As I said any change to a supplier facing entity will cause a revision. The Terms & Conditions are Supplier facing so the revision is getting created. I am not sure if you can stop this from happening using any standard functionality or without modifying the Std Oracle Code.

Moreover if you don't let the PO revision bump and go thru the approval process, how would the changes get communicated to the Supplier. Would you be manually communicating the change to the Supplier.

Arun
                    • 7. Re: PO Status
                      Give me sometime, I dont have access to Apps DB. I will get back to you on this one shortly.
                      • 8. Re: PO Status
                        User009
                        Hi Arun,

Supplier will respond back manually to the Buyer.

Thanks for prompt response!

Rehan
                        • 9. Re: PO Status
                          user30672
                          Hi,

Try this option.Increase the amount say in line by some amount 50 paisa or something ,do the changes as tax category change and again make the amount as was earlier.PO Won't go for reapproval.

Regards

Ruchi