6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2009 3:32 AM by 720660

Error 403--Forbidden error getting

Hi,

I am new to weblogic .I created a web applicarion and written a sample jsp page and deployed in the weblogic by following the steps to deploy.

I created a war file for that . When i am clicking on the url that is provided under "Testing" tab which is under settings , It is giving error like this

Error 403--Forbidden
      From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
      10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

Please help me out. Thanks in Advance.

Naveen
        • 1. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
          user161771 - oracle
          There is probably some configuration in the WAR files WEB-INF/web.xml (and possibly WEB-INF/weblogic.xml) that indicate that certain security restrictions are put on this web application. For example, you can require that all users authenticate with BASIC or FORM based authentication.
          • 2. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
            Hi,

I am trying to run a very simple web application (hello2, extracted from Sun's Java Tutorial) and I'm getting the same response "Error 403--Forbidden...". I checked weblogic.xml and web.xml and there are no security restrictions in them.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks !

Edited by: user3554154 on 15/08/2009 18:15
            • 3. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
              You must put the complete URL including the jsp page. Exxample http://localhost:7001/mywebapp/start.jsp. So far I don't know why but it works for me.
              • 4. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
                i am getting the 403-Forbidden error myself.

I checked my web xml.config file and also found no security restrictions.

I don't know how Java web apps should be configured to deal with Windows
                or Form based authentication. ASP.NET web xml.config files have a tag to deal
                with authentication. Basically if you want to test a simple app that doesn't need
                to run on an SSL or even go through a login with a security store you just set
                authentication to the default or Windows. Makes quick testing very easy.

Now for the web apps that used LOGIN page features there was quite a lot
                to work through with security data stores and forms authorization hand in
                hand with authentication mode.

My problem with Weblogic is that I am having to learn how to be a full on
                server administrator before i am ready to deal with a real web app. They
                should have made the defaults easy to deploy and test.

Later as you learn more and take on a real web app to deploy should you
                then turn on security features. logins, authentication and authorization.

By the time you get to the Test Point thing and see an HTTP address
                unfamiliar to you along with a port listener that looks right and what may
                be a virtual or physical HTML page to invoke a brower and render a page
                in the web app through the server you really don't know where you are.

Much too much for getting started.
                • 5. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
                  Update - I was able to create a working connection to my Weblogic domain from JDeveloper.

I was under the impression that I should use the Managed Server listen port but apparently
                  I was supposed to use the Admin Server listen port. Don't understand why I have my deployed
                  app under my Managed Server that has a listen port 7003 and had to use my Admin Server listen
                  port 7001 to connect and deploy from JDeveloper.

I am still getting the 403-forbidden error problem when trying to launch the app from Test Point http link
                  • 6. Re: Error 403--Forbidden error getting
                    To get rid of the 403 forbid error as stated above.

1. Test your deployed app from your domain server in weblogic.
                    2. You get the 403. Shouldn't happen but what else is new.
                    3. Assuming your app starts from a JSP .................
                    4. Copy and paste or type yourat the end of the address string... ie. /Home.jsp

Happy hunting.