9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 6:24 PM by 768007

Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems

Hi friends:
      I am working with forms 10g release 10.1.2.0.2

I am trying to use some functionalities of webutil but it didn't work.

The module sends me some error (depeding on which utility I use) like "... been not found.
      If I look into the trace of the java console, it show me this:
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.clientInfo.GetClientInfo
      at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unkn...............................
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           ... 21 more

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.webutil.file.FileFunctions
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow............................
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           ... 21 more

But if I chabge the runtime parameter at forms builder to be able to use JInitiator, it works fine.

This behaivoir is in forms builder using OC4J (included on developer suite installation).
      Sun Java plug-In 1.5.0_09
      JInitiator 1.3.1.22

I modified all the OC4J conf files for JPI plug in, formsweb.cfg, basejpi.htm, webutiljpi.htm and webutil.cfg

It seems lile webutil is not loading when I just start for the very first tiem the webutil jar's need it.

Any clue?

Best regards

Abdel Miranda
      AEMS Global Group
      Panama
        • 1. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
          In what trigger are you using webutil ? After pressing a button or while the Form is loading ??.

Try the following - verify your webutil installation and reload webutil .dll files:

1) Clear your Java cache
          2) Check the ORACLE_HOME/forms/java directory - do you have the frmwebutil.jar and jacob.jar file there ?
          3) Check the Java client bin directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_15\bin) to see if you have the following .dlls loaded - JNIsharedstubs.dll, jacob.dll, d2kwut60.dll
          4) Get rid of the files if they exist
          5) Check your ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil directory - do you have the .dll files in there?
          6) Try running your application again
          7) Verify if the .dlls were re-loaded.
          • 2. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
            Michael Ferrante-Oracle
            In order to pick up the webutil configuration from the builder you must make changes to the default section of formsweb.cfg or easier would be to use the custom configuration section we provide. This can be done by adding config=webutil to the URL. In the builder's runtime parameters for Application Server URL add ?config=webutil
            • 3. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
              Yes I already made those changes on config files.
              In fact, if I use JInitiator it works fine, but I can do the same with sun java plug-in.

I am going to check if the .dll's are in the java directory and if I am able to removed to reloaded when I run the module.

Let me see how it is works.

Keeping in touch.

Abdel Miranda
              AEMS Global Group
              Panama
              • 4. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                I was reviewing the 7 points you mentioned.
                I accomplished all of them but 3.

I do not have those .dlls you mentioned.

It means that webutil is not loaded properly when the module is running for the first time, rigth?

I thought specifying the frmwebutil and jacob jar's in the file formsweb.cfg is the place where I said to the local OC4J where to find the webutil jars.
                Am I right?

Any help...

Abdel Miranda
                AEMS Global GRoup
                Panama
                • 5. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                  Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                  Verify that you have deleted webutil.properties file from the client machine. This file will be found in the jre home directory and possibly the user home directory. If this file is found during start up the dlls will not be downloaded.
                  • 6. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                    I already deleted the ile you mentioned.
                    So i am going to verify (again) the setup files of the OC4J to check if it is as it suppoused to be.

But, I am still not clear with the path of the frmwebutil.jar and jacob.jar.

Those files are specified in the formsweb.cfg, but in some examples I saw, those files are just mentioned on it, but in some other examples I saw they specify the virtual path where they are located. These virtual path has to be specified into the forms.conf as a line: AliasMatch ^/forms/java/(..*) "C:\Oracle\DevSuite10g/forms/java/$1"

Which one is correct, just the name of the jar files or virtual path and jar file names?

Thanks a lot

Abdel Miranda
                    AEMS Global Group
                    Panama
                    • 7. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                      The forms.conf is for the Application Server and not the IDS, it has to have 2 entries in the virtual path, one for the Java folder and another one for the webutil folder.

Example:

# Virtual path mapping for Forms Java jar and class files (codebase)
                      AliasMatch ^/forms/java/(..*) "C:\Oracle\DevSuite10g/forms/java/$1"
                      # Virtual path for webutil
                      AliasMatch ^/forms/webutil/(..*) "C:\Oracle\DevSuite10g/forms/webutil/$1"

All .jar files have to be located in the forms/java folder, you have to copy the frmwebutil.jar and
                      jacob.jar file to the C:\Oracle\DevSuite10g/forms/java/ folder.

The first path of the alias is just so that a virtual directory be created, the second part points to the
                      actual physical folder in the file system.

It is also a requirement for the IDS to work to modify the orion.xml file, remember to replace the $ORACLE_HOME variable for your actual physical installation C:\Oracle\DevSuite10g.

Excerpt from Webutil Documentation - http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/htdocs/webutil/web_util.pdf

For Oracle Developer Suite, add the following line to the file
                      j2ee/DevSuite/application-deployments/forms/formsweb/
                      orion-web.xml under the Oracle Developer Suite Oracle Home:
                      <virtual-directory virtual-path="/webutil" real-path="$ORACLE_
                      HOME/forms/webutil" />

In Oracle Application Server, define the same virtual directory in the
                      forms/server/forms.conf file:
                      AliasMatch ^/forms/webutil/(..*) $ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil/$1"
                      • 8. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                        I forgot to mention that the .dlls are located in the $ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil folder, you have to create the folder manually and copy the files there -- they must be there for them to be downloaded to the client ...
                        • 9. Re: Sun Java Plug-In and Webutil Problems
                          Hi, was this ever resolved? I have the exact same errror. The dlls are not being loaded onto the client when I use Java JRE 1.6.0_16 but everything works fine when I use JInitiator. Any suggestions?

I've read through this entire post and everything is set-up correctly.