5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 4:20 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Welcome Message in iProcurement

Greetings to All,

We are currently using 11.5.10.2 and have installed iProcurement. In iProcurement shop tab, stores subcategory, we have a welcome message.

The welcome messages says the following: "Welcome, {user's name}! Internet Procurement"

We would like to know where this data is coming from as we would like to change the wording.

We have looked at the html files on apps server, but could not find one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Welcome Message in iProcurement
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          I believe the message is stored in either the FND_MESSAGES or FND_NEW_MESSAGES table (depending on your Apps/FND version). You should be able to change it using the Application Developer responsibility and navigating to Messages.

Pl be aware that if you customize this message, the next patch or upgrade will reset your changes.

HTH
          Srini
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Welcome Message in iProcurement
            burkepm
            If it is not there, have a look in OA_HTML directory for additional html files and plugins. It could possibly be in the css files.
            • 3. Re: Welcome Message in iProcurement
              Hi Srini,

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed your suggestions, and it is in Messages under Application Developer.

Now I have made a change to the message and saved it. I added some additional text to the message and saved it. When I logged back into iProcurement. The old text is still showing.

Is there a concurrent process I need to run for the new text to show up?
              • 4. Re: Welcome Message in iProcurement
                Hi Burkepm,

Thanks for getting back to me. I initially looked in OA_HTML but could not find a matching file.

But per suggestions from Srini.....I was able to find the message. When I did a Show Log in iProcurement, I did show that the message was pulling from Messages in Application Developer.

But now I'm stuck. As I have made some change to the text in the message and saved it.

Logged out of EBS and back in then to iProcurement and the old text welcome message, still shows.

Any idea why the old message is still showing or why the new text is not showing.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Welcome Message in iProcurement
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  Now I have made a change to the message and saved it. I added some additional text to the message and saved it. When I logged back into iProcurement. The old text is still showing.

Is there a concurrent process I need to run for the new text to show up?
                  Run "Generate Messages" concurrent program and bounce the Apache/Forms server.

Note: 189441.1 - How to Change the Text for a Standard Message
                  https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=189441.1

Regards,
                  Hussein