4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 3:15 PM by 962054 RSS

Business Rule Error

Hi,

When I am trying to associate a outline to HBR, I am getting the following Error.

Error connecting to Essbase server servername/appname.

Detail:Cannot open member selection. Analytic Server Error(1051544): Unknown Error: Not a valid entry

If I ping the server it is giving the response.

Thanks & Regards,
      Sravan Kumar.
        • 1. Re: Business Rule Error
          JohnGoodwin
          Hi,

Is this an existing business rule or a new rule ?

First thing to always try when you are having issues.
          Restart RMI, EAS & Planning and log in to the planning app which you want to associate an outline to, then log into EAS, create a new business rule and try and then try and create a new connection to the outline.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Business Rule Error
            Hi John,

When I choose select outline option, under Planning server it is not showing any applications. why?

But under Essbase, Applications are there.

Thanks & Regards,
            Sravan Kumar.
            • 3. Re: Business Rule Error
              JohnGoodwin
              Hi,

If you start the services in the following order, RMI, EAS, Planning
              Now you will have to log into the planning application through the web.

Then open EAS and create a business rule and when you associate the outline the planning application you just logged into should be available in the list.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: Business Rule Error
                Hi JOhn,

This doesnt seem to be case with us. I have tried recycling but we still do not see planning connection. I have followed all methods in Knowledge base, still not working. Can you suggest where to look next.

Thanks

Rizwan