This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 12:52 AM by Shankar S. RSS

PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...

415811 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi.

I am trying to close my installation on ORDM. I have already installed everything, but the OLAP option is not working properly. OBIEE with all the reports work perfectly now
with some minor bugs...the OLAP dashboards no!

I have database 11.1.0.6 + OLAP B Patch, AWM is the one that comes with the Oracle Client zip file 11.1.0.6 (is this the correct final version already??). I was trying to find a patch number 6368282 from My Oracle Support (according to the installation guide) but it doesn't exist to Linux.

AWM cannot import from template the PSLSINV.M10.XML.... giving what it looks like a parsing error. Looks like version problems..

Looking at my DB:
select * from dba_registry
where comp_name like '%OLAP%'

COMP_ID     COMP_NAME     VERSION     STATUS
APS     OLAP Analytic Workspace     11.1.0.6.0     VALID
XOQ     Oracle OLAP API     11.1.0.6.0     VALID
AMD     OLAP Catalog     11.1.0.6.0     VALID

Can u provide some advice on this since the guide is not clear about it?
I have a Linux 32x64 for my testings.

Thank you.

Regards,
Alvaro Silva

Edited by: AlvaroSilva on Jun 7, 2009 2:48 AM
  • 1. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    415811 Newbie
    Answer to my question...
    I kept the previous values!

I have passed the error my "programatically" created the AW. Then opened the AWM for bia_rtl_olap.

The correspondent code, for programatically creation, exists inside the sql's in sample directoy for 11g.
    grep it..

For now I opened OBIEE, OLAP dashboard.... but no data available.
    Have to check why!

Alvaro
  • 2. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    Shankar S. Journeyer
    Hi Alvaro,

I'm assuming that you're installing the sample schema of ORDM.
    From your mails, it seems that you have progressed to the stage that the relational reports are showing data but the OLAP Dashboard is not working.

Some points to note/check at your end regarding the installation:
    a) AWM 11.1.0.6 (patch 6368282) is only available for Windows env. It is possible to administer the olap schema/aw on linux OS using AWM from a client machine/laptop. However this is not essential for the purpose of installing the product. It can help in debugging/checking the install for specific objects in the aw etc.
    b) Is this a 64 bit linux machine? If you're installing the sample schema, then relational and mining schema are installed by default (the installer does it). The olap schema needs to be created by calling a specific script. Sample data installed by script "ordm_olap_11g_install_scr.sql". Can you confirm that the script was invoked post install and that it did not report any errors.
    c) Please copy paste any parse errors and/or script debugging output to help diagnose this further.

You can email me at shankar (dot) somayajula (at) oracle (dot) com to see how we can resolve the install issue faster.

rgds
    Shankar
  • 3. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    Shankar S. Journeyer
    Some more info required regarding install/config choices -
    a) What are the choices given during calendar set up (in the ORDM Installation UI)?
    b) What were the inputs given while calling the install scripts (Historical Star/End dates input parameters)?

thanks
    Shankar
  • 4. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    415811 Newbie
    Hi Shankar. Thank you for the reply and help.

At this moment I upgraded DB to 11.1.0.7. Everything is coherent with this version and the guide.

Almost everything is running well, but for now OLAP is not working inside OBIEE/dashboards. Well, no data is obtained...

Opening AWM and trying to get data for the 4 cubes I get errors... I believe that this has to do with name lenghts... ORA:00972 identifier is too long.. ERROR CLASS:OLAPI
    Is this a OLAP option bug?

To refer that I have upgraded from 11.1.0.6 to 11.1.0.7 and followed the steps of the Database upgrade...

Regarding dates for samples I have used everything like the installation guide shows. The intervals are the ones described.

By the way, where can I find further documentation on RDM? Data model PDF or any other user guide?

If you prefer I will contact you by email.

Thank you again.

Regards,
    Alvaro Silva
  • 5. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    Shankar S. Journeyer
    I dont know if you tried running the scripts and installing the olap AW once again after upgrading from 11.1.0.6 to 11.1.0.7. I'm not sure that the old AW would work in 11.1.0.7 as is (with just the database upgraded). Its recommended to make a fresh start in 11.1.0.7 since the AW XML template defining the AW is different between the two versions.

You can contact me offline regd this.

Thanks.
  • 6. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    415811 Newbie
    Hi. Thanks for the reply!

And ... sorry for the delay on answering, but almost everything is running ok now. [95%]

I just like to know how long takes the incremental load for the sample included (OLAP).

It ran the HISTORICAL part in 1.30 hour.

It is still running the OLAP Verification check 1 already for 9 hours.

I Know I am using a VM for testing purposes, so I don't know if it's feasible to work with the OLAP option with just 2mb of VM ram
    to test this ORDM OLAP part sample.

Is it possible to improve this timings? Is it still normal to take so long building the OLAP cubes?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Álvaro Silva
  • 7. Re: PSLSINV AW Not being created by AWM...
    Shankar S. Journeyer
    Alvaro,

If you're using the sample schema/examples, the default script runs both loads based on the standard date ranges.

Typical timings on 11g are:
    Historical load (3 years+ date range) - ~30 min
    Incremental Load (2 year+ date range) - ~20 min

If the query (check1) is taking more than 9 hours then something is definitely wrong.
    I dont think using a 2Mb ram machine is suitable for testing Oracle OLAP. They tend to be a bit memory intensive.

Dont know if this helps since you seem to have made up your mind.

rgds
    Shankar

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points