5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2009 6:43 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's/Experts/AceMembers Please help me:

Hi to all Apps Gurus/Experts/ACEmembers,
      i am new to apps and i need some help and guidance . I want to install Oracle Apps 12.1.1
      The problem is that i have scarcity of space..on my server and laptap.
      hence i want to implement the R12.1.1 using both the laptop and the server.
      my server is having one partition( with approx 80 gb which can be used)
      My Laptop's f: drive has 40GB space.

My Query is,
      is it possible to do the installation in a distributed manner, such that my Application Tier /tools(Front end) are instaled on my Laptop and the Application Server(Middle Tier) and the Database(Backend) are installed on my server machine.
      My Laptop is having Windows XP Professional and Server is Windows2003(32bit).
      If yes,
      how do i create the staging area and go ahead with the installation.

Edited by: user651062 on Jun 11, 2009 12:01 AM

Edited by: user651062 on Jun 11, 2009 12:08 AM
        • 1. Re: R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's Please help me:
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

This type of installation is called multi-node installation and it is possible to do it. If you have downloaded the files from e-Delivery website, just place the files in one directory and extract it, and this will create the stage directory for you. If you have the media, refer to the installation document for the steps. You need to run Rapid Install on the database node first, then on the application tier node.

Note: 405565.1 - Oracle Applications Release 12 Installation Guidelines
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=405565.1

Release 12.1 Documentation Library
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_01/current/html/docset.html

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's Please help me:
            Hussein,
            thanks for your response but, there are multiple sets of zip files which gets downloaded using edelivery site and they need to be extracted.

The sets of files downloaded are as per the undermentioned categories.

1: Rapid install Start here: 4 parts (4 sets of zip files)
            2: Rapid install databases Disk1 to Disc 7(20 sets of zip files)
            3:Rapid install RDBMS Disk1 (2 sets of zip Files)
            4:Rapid install tools Disk1(1 set of zip file)
            5:Rapid install Application Top Disk 1 & Disk 2(6 sets of zip files)
            6:Oracle Application Server 10g CD 1,CD2,CD3(3 Sets of zip files)
            7:Oracle Warehouse builder.

Now according to the installation guidelines the Staging area needs to be created under the same directory in the following hirarchy,

Create Directory STAGE R12, AND inside STAGE R12 Directory create the following directories StartCD/ORA APPS/ORADB/ORA AS/ORA AppDB

Now my query is that
            "in case of the multinode installation which sets of files need to be extracted under which directories and under which Nodes(Machines) so that the installation is successfull.

The two nodes(Machines) are
            a> Laptop: with XP professional OS and 40 gb HDD space in the F:Partition
            b> Independent Dell Server with 32 bit Window 2003 server OS and 80 gb space in the D: partition.

I refered the documents whose links have been shared by you, but the steps are not mentioned clearly.

Regards

Edited by: user651062 on Jun 11, 2009 2:27 AM
            • 3. Re: R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's Please help me:
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,
              thanks for your response but, there are multiple sets of zip files which gets downloaded using edelivery site and they need to be extracted.

The sets of files downloaded are as per the undermentioned categories.

1: Rapid install Start here: 4 parts (4 sets of zip files)
              2: Rapid install databases Disk1 to Disc 7(20 sets of zip files)
              3:Rapid install RDBMS Disk1 (2 sets of zip Files)
              4:Rapid install tools Disk1(1 set of zip file)
              5:Rapid install Application Top Disk 1 & Disk 2(6 sets of zip files)
              6:Oracle Application Server 10g CD 1,CD2,CD3(3 Sets of zip files)
              7:Oracle Warehouse builder.
              You do not have to download all the files above; just download Rapid Install files (from the first CD/DVD in the list to the documentation CD/DVD).
              Now according to the installation guidelines the Staging area needs to be created under the same directory in the following hirarchy,

Create Directory STAGE R12, AND inside STAGE R12 Directory create the following directories StartCD/ORA APPS/ORADB/ORA AS/ORA AppDB
              Create a directory called Stage12 and put all the zip files in this directory and extract it there, this will create all directories like StartCD, oraApps, oraDB, ..etc.

Please note you are not allowed to use spaces (or special characters) in the directory names (do NOT use Stage 12, instead use Stage12).

Note: 406138.1 - Using Electronic Delivery With Rapid Install in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12
              https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=406138.1
              Now my query is that
              "in case of the multinode installation which sets of files need to be extracted under which directories and under which Nodes(Machines) so that the installation is successfull.
              The two nodes(Machines) are
              a> Laptop: with XP professional OS and 40 gb HDD space b> Independent Dell Server with 32 bit Window 2003 server OS.

I refered the documents whose links have been shared by you, but the steps are not mentioned clearly.
              All the files should be presented to both nodes.

You need to do the following (this is mentioned in the installation manual, Page 1-1 and 1-2).

- Run RapidWiz on the database node first
              - Copy the conf_<SID>.txt file to the application node
              - Run RapidWiz again on the application node and load this conf file

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's Please help me:
                Hussein,
                thanks for your response once again but i have some more queries to bother you

According to you ,

* *"Create a directory called Stage12 and put all the zip files in this directory and extract it there,*

*this will create all directories like StartCD, oraApps, oraDB, ..etc. " & "All the files should be _presented_ to both nodes"* *

Question: Do you mean "*Create Stage12 directory on both the nodes(Machines)* which i posses as mentioned in the next line?

*a>* Laptop: with XP professional OS and 40 gb HDD space *b>* Independent Dell Server with 32 bit Window 2003 server OS.

*"Is the space as mentioned in both the machines above are sufficient to run all the rapid install files ,so that the application top/the tools and the middle tier are installed on the laptop and the database is on the server"*

And then

*Step1:* Run RapidWiz on the database node first

According to you,

*"Copy the conf_<SID>.txt file to the application node"*

*Question:* Under which directory on the applications node should i copy the conf_<SID>.txt file.

According to you,

*"Run RapidWiz again on the application node and load this conf file "*

*Question*: how do i perform the loading , are there any steps for it.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Edited by: user651062 on Jun 11, 2009 4:25 AM

Edited by: user651062 on Jun 11, 2009 4:36 AM
                • 5. Re: R12.1.1 Installation :  Apps GURU's Please help me:
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  *"Create a directory called Stage12 and put all the zip files in this directory and extract it there, this will create all directories like StartCD, oraApps, oraDB, ..etc. " & "All the files should be _presented_ to both nodes"*

Question: Do you mean "*Create Stage12 directory on both the nodes(Machines)* which i posses ?
                  Correct. Or, simply create the directory on one machine, and map the network drive to the other machine (instead of creating the stage directory twice).
                  *a>* Laptop: with XP professional OS and 40 gb HDD space *b>* Independent Dell Server with 32 bit Window 2003 server OS.

*"Is the space as mentioned above in both the machines above are sufficient"*
                  You need 35 GB for the Applications node file system and 55 GB for Database node file system (Fresh install) -- In case you want to install Vision demo database, you need to have 208 GB.

The total space required for a standard system (not including the stage area) is 85 GB for a fresh install with a production database, and 233 GB for a fresh install with a Vision Demo database.

Please note you need 47 GB for the stage area directory.

_Note_: all the above is mentioned in the installation manual.
                  *"Copy the conf_<SID>.txt file to the application node"*

*Question:* Under which directory on the applications node should i copy the conf_<SID>.txt file.
                  Wherever, just make sure the file is accessible on from the second node.
                  *"Run RapidWiz again on the application node and load this conf file "*

*Question*: how do i perform the loading , are there any steps for it.
                  When you run Rapid Install, you will be prompted to create a new configuration file or load a saved configuration -- Again, this is mentioned in the installation manual, so please read the manual.

When you run Rapid Install on the first node, select "Create a new configuration" option, and when you run Rapid Install on the second node select "Load the following saved configuration" option.

Regards,
                  Hussein