5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 9:01 AM by 639961

Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions

ganeshgca
      I am unable to default Sub Inventory when creating Standard PO in R12.0.6.

While defining Sub-Inventory i have chosen Sourcing Type as Inventory and selected Organization with my Inventory Org and the desired Sub Inventory. But the PO does not pick this setup. due to this when i autocreate requisition created in iproc into PO in purchasing i am forced to select the subinventory manually. Is this something that can be controlled only at workflow level?
        • 1. Re: Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          How are you creating the req that feeds into the PO?
          If you run a min-max on the subinventory, then it will appear on the req and it will flow to the po.
          • 2. Re: Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions
            ganeshgca
            Sandeep - I am creating requisitions in iprocurement. Sub inventory does not get defaulted there as well.
            • 3. Re: Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions
              Ronel
              Hi,

You have set up the profile options 'POR : Preferences - Selected Items Default to Inventory' to Yes.

knick
              • 4. Re: Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions
                user571940
                Hi, there is a setup in oracle inventory which will default the sub inventory for an item. Please navigate to Oracle inventory responsibility and assign the specif subinventory to the item master form. from Tools menu choose item subinventory. when you are creating a receipt for an item the subinventory will default from this setup.

During the creation of PO it is the inventory org which is a mandatory field and sub inventory is optional.

Iit is at the time of receipt where the sub inventory is mandatory to record the inventory transaction.
                • 5. Re: Standard PO does not default Sub Inventory in Distributions
                  Hi,

The sourcing type that you mention.. where is it located?
                  I recall two forms where you can set this up, Item Master / Organization Item - General Planning Tab, and Subinventories setup, Item-Subinventory - Sourcing Tab.

If you set this in one of the mentioned form, this has nothing to do with defaulting the subinventory (I assume it is the receiving subinventory that you wish to default).
                  The sourcing type from subinventory / organization / supplier means that whenever a sourcing is needed (for example, an MRP is run, minmax planning is run, etc), different action will be done by Oracle:
                  subinventory : means that whenever demand exists, oracle will create a move order to move the item from the mentioned subinventory
                  organization: means that whenever demand exists, oracle will create an internal requisition to request the item from the mentioned inventory organization
                  supplier : means that whenever demand exists, oracle will create a purchase requisition to buy the item

It is clear that it is not your intention.

What you need to do is to set the Receiving Subinventory in the Master / Organization Item - Receiving Tab.
                  Alternatively, you can default this receiving subinventory from Inventory > Setup > Transactions > Item Transaction Defaults

Hope that helps.

Gerry