2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 3:17 PM by David Debish

1 Source Account to Multiple HFM Accounts?

David Debish
      Is it possible to map a single source account to multiple hfm accounts in FDM?

Currently, I have a 1 for 1 mapping.
      Source Account 1 => HFM Account 1

I have a situation where I would like to have a 1 to many mapping.
      Source Account 1 => HFM Account 1
      Also, Source Account 1 => HFM Account 2

If this is possible - my next concern will be how to map 1 source item to multiple hfm dimensions (UD1, UD2)

Thank you for your considerations.

-David
        • 1. Re: 1 Source Account to Multiple HFM Accounts?
          what piece of data determines which HFM account would be used?
          • 2. Re: 1 Source Account to Multiple HFM Accounts?
            David Debish
            Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the response. I found what I was looking for in an answer from Oracle:

Use Logic Accounts
            What you will need to do is use Logic Accounts inside of FDM. Logic Accounts are ways to duplicate records in the trial balance. This way they can be adjusted (possibly for a 40/60 split for example) and pushed via mapping into the appropriate accounts.

Logic is applied at import and before mapping and is subject to normal FDM procedures. This means that if you push two different values into the same Logic Account, they will be 'summed,' and if you forget to create map entries for your Logic Accounts they will fail validation.

The best suggestion I have is for you to also look into the FDM Administrators guide. Available from the Web interface via the 'Help' menu. This will provide examples as well as a more descriptive answer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions
            -ODM