7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 2:08 AM by 639961

Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO

1. I follow the entire process of creating a Requisition, RFQ, Quotation and then PO.However, the charge a/c, which I specify at the time of creating the requisition, does not get defaulted in the PO. Instead,the expense a/c specified at the org level gets defaulted in the PO. How can I make the a/c specified during requisition default to the PO?
      2.The quantity which I specify during crteating requisition(also RFQ, Quotation) does get defaulted in the PO. The quantity always shows 0 and I have to change it manually. How can I get it defaulted?
        • 1. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
          Are you using Autocreate functionality to create PO from requisition?
          • 3. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
            If I use the Autocreate functionality to create a PO directly from a Requisition, then the Charge a/c and quantity defaults. However, if I create a RFQ from the Requisition, then enter Quotation information, and then make the PO, the Charge a/c and quantity do not default. Any idea why?
            • 4. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              RFQ and Quote are generic. They are not meant for a specific quantity or a/c.
              So when you create an RFQ/Quote from the Requisition, the a/c and qty does not come over to RFQ / Quote.
              And that is why that information is not there when you create a PO from Quote.

You need to create an RFQ/Quote.
              And then convert the Req to a PO. During the req creation process, you should use the quote # as the reference to ensure you get the correct pricing.

Hope this answers your question.
              Sandeep Gandhi
              Independent Consultant
              513-325-9026

Edit: Fixed an error. You need to enter the Quote on Req ; not during autocreate.

Edited by: Sandeep Gandhi, Independent Consultant on Jul 7, 2009 1:24 PM
              • 5. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
                Thanx.But where are we supposed to put the quotation number referencing that requisition in the Autocreate form? I do not have Sourcing implemented here.

Another question.If we create the PO from the Requisition, and the RFQ and Quotation separately, then what is the significance of the 'Copy Document' option in the Quotation form, which allows a PO to be created directly from a Quotation?
                • 6. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  1. You need to enter the Quotation number when creating the Requisition. Look in the Source Details tab.

2. The copy document option in the Quotation form allows you to create a Blanket PO. It does not create a Std. PO.

Hope this answers your question
                  Sandeep Gandhi
                  Independent Consultant
                  513-325-9026
                  • 7. Re: Charge a/c and Quantity do not get defaulted from Requisition to PO
                    Hi,

when you create a PR, you do not have any quotation related yet because RFQ and quotation are usually created from PR (after PR has been made, therefore, you can't enter Quote number in PR, that is hardly any such case).

"If we create the PO from the Requisition, and the RFQ and Quotation separately, then what is the significance of the 'Copy Document' option in the Quotation form, which allows a PO to be created directly from a Quotation?"
                    whenever a PR needs RFQ and Quotation, there should be a sourcing (even if it is a manual sourcing), for example, how frequent do we have to buy these items, from which suppliers, can the price be negotiated, whether the negotiated price effective for an agreement, or a one-timed purchase.
                    This is reflected by the features of RFQ and Quotation. If we frequently purchase the items in the PR, we create a Catalog Quotation, and system will force the "copy document" to Blanket Purchase Agreement, while the original PR can be autocreated into its blanket release.
                    If it is a one-timed purchase, we create a Bid Quotation and system will force the "copy document" to Standard Purchase Order.
                    However, our PR does not close by the copy document feature to standard purchase order (which is intended and make sense for the catalog quotation). Problem with the standard PO is that we might have several quotation from different suppliers approved for one Purchase Requisition. If we use the copy document, we can create PO from each and every one of the quotation (while there's only one PR). Considering this, to track that the PO is indeed exist to satisfy a Purchase Requisition, we create the Purchase Requisition from the supplier item catalog, negotiated sources tab to source the PO and close the PR at the same time.

Thanks,
                    Gerry