4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 3:07 PM by Ravi Jegga

Error in Starting weblogic Portal Domain

I have created weblogic portal domain using configuration wizard in Weblogic portal 9 and in weblogic portal 10.
      Weblogic portal 9 it is started fine and when started in weblogic portal 10 it throwed following exception.

weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
           at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

Can some one help me in this exception

Thank You
        • 1. Re: Error in Starting weblogic Portal Domain
          Brad Posner-Oracle
          I am not sure how you got into this state, but to clear it up you can edit the boot.properties file to enter (clear text) the username and password for the server (entered when running the Configuration Wizard).

The boot.properties file is located in your domain at:
          <domain root>/servers/AdminServer/security

Just enter the username and password in the file:

username=myUserName
          password=myPassword

WebLogic Server will boot up using these values and immediately encrypt the username and password in the file.

An alternate approach would be to delete boot.properties in which case WLS will prompt you for the id/pw each time it is started/stopped.

Brad
          • 2. Re: Error in Starting weblogic Portal Domain
            Thank You Brad

I am getting this error due to the database scheama

it is been solved

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Error in Starting weblogic Portal Domain
              hi,how u got resloved iam encountering same problem when i change my p13nDataSource DB schema.

plese mail solution to mavuluruprasad@gmail.com
              • 4. Re: Error in Starting weblogic Portal Domain
                Ravi Jegga
                One more thing. If you switch the portal db schema say from working pointbase domain to new say Oracle database, first you will run full portal schema in the database. BUT make sure you run this .sql file also in this new db schema: ..\user_projects\domains\yourDomain\security\SQLAuthenticator.sql. This .sql file will have the username and encrypted password and other default entries.

Anytime a new domain is cretaed, automatically this .sql file is created and executed in that db schema. So changing the db schema later on requires that you run this .sql in that new schema also.

Goud