This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2012 11:48 PM by 831676 RSS

CC&B Operational question

709663 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
My query is as given below,

Does CC&B has an in-built "Scheduler" for the processes to run automatically or do we need to set-up a 3rd party Scheduler for it. And lastly If, we have to use a third party Scheduler, which one would go well with CC&B.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: CC&B Operational question
    709555 Newbie
    Yes,

you can schedule your jobs in CCB.
    On your server you need to run cronbatch and you can setup you jobs to run it now, in future or periodically.

Regards,
    Przemek
  • 2. Re: CC&B Operational question
    455248 Newbie
    Adding to Przemek, CC&B has number of batch jobs available for various things. The batch scheduling can be done hourly/daily/weekly/yearly.. or at regular intervals. As mentioned that cronbatch is used to schedule the batch runs from the OS level. There is a Batch scheduler event algorithm which also has to be configured in the system.
    Also, keep in mind the number of available threads on CPU and optimum number of threads to be scheduled for a batch job.

Thanks
    SxJain
  • 3. Re: CC&B Operational question
    727266 Newbie
    cron is not a scheduler....it is a batch submitter. A scheduler will schedule according to events, timers, completions of other operations. A scheduler has the ability to activate processes based on information stored in a repository or access to logs from other software. Make sure that your scheduler has the ability to connect to all of your servers.
  • 4. Re: CC&B Operational question
    751863 Newbie
    All comments on this thread are correct. There are some utilities who use basic cron and the delivered scheduling features. I believe most customers opt to use more advanced scheduling engines similar to what you describe. My company uses the UC4 to automate CC&B batch and many other Admin tasks. Tivoli is also popular.

http://www.uc4.com/en/application-solutions/oracle-application-automation/oracle-utilities-customer-care-and-billing/
    http://www.uc4.com/en/products/uc4-automation-engine/

Edited by: user12568199 on Feb 5, 2010 12:20 PM
  • 5. Re: CC&B Operational question
    776131 Newbie
    Hi,

Jobs can be schedules in CCVB itself. Workflow process template and Job strem schedule need to be configured in order to achieve scheduling.
    Multiple jobs can be grouped under workflow process templates which are automatically executed after the creation of job stream schedule.

Regards,
    Prashanth K
  • 6. Re: CC&B Operational question
    831676 Newbie
    Hi Every One,

I am Nitin Malhotra working with TCS.

I have scheduled batches in CC&B using workflow events and templates. Every thing worked fine, batches were triggered on scheduled time.

2 days back we changed the password of user which is used to run batches.

I have observed that batches defined in workflow event are not getting triggered. C1-WFSUB activation batch is in pending state since the day password has been changed and no new background process - C1-WFSUB is getting generated.

Is it required to change the password any where else also.

Please reply.

Regards,
    Nitin Malhotra,
    +919479846496.
  • 7. Re: CC&B Operational question
    Luckys Pro
    - Is there any specific error you are getting?
    - Have you bounced the TPW ( presuming you are on 2.1.x or higher )?
  • 8. Re: CC&B Operational question
    831676 Newbie
    Hi,

I am not getting any error. C1-WFSUB batch job is held in pending state. This batch job only triggers further process of running scheduled batches.

Regards,
    Nitin.
  • 9. Re: CC&B Operational question
    831676 Newbie
    hi,

What is TPW.

Regards,
    Nitin.
  • 10. Re: CC&B Operational question
    Jagadeesh P Newbie
    Thread Pool Worker...
    You need to start/execute thread pool worker before submitting batches.
  • 11. Re: CC&B Operational question
    831676 Newbie
    Hi,

In TPW log, I am getting this message:

The following rule was violated: WorkFlowProcessShedule:validateDateNotInPast : Validate schedule date is not in past

Can you suggest what is the problem.

Regards,
    Nitin.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points