This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 3:55 AM by user493257 RSS

BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite

435184 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am just testing one simple SOA Application in SOA 11g Suite. Created a SOA Composite Application with one DB Adapter at designtime all worked fine with DB Adapter. But when I deploy the Application on the server I get the following error:
The JCA Binding Component was unable to establish an outbound JCA CCI connection due to the following issue: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error. Unable to locate the JCA Resource Adapter via .jca binding file element <connection-factory/> The JCA Binding Component is unable to startup the Resource Adapter specified in the <connection-factory/> element: location='eis/DB/soademoDatabase'. The reason for this is most likely that either 1) the Resource Adapters RAR file has not been deployed successfully to the WebLogic Application server or 2) the '<jndi-name>' element in weblogic-ra.xml has not been set to eis/DB/soademoDatabase. In the last case you will have to add a new WebLogic JCA connection factory (deploy a RAR). Please correct this and then restart the Application Server ".
Do I need to jndi-name in weblogic-ra.xml if so what is the exact location. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    206307 Pro
    Create the DB Adapter putbound connections (JNDI entries). Go to the Weblogic Console, click on deployments, select DBAdapter, click on configuration , Click on outbound configurations, click on New to create a new JNDI entry.

Marc
  • 2. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    435184 Newbie
    I did but still not able to connect now getting the following error. I went to the Weblogic Console, clicked on deployments, selected DBAdapter, clicked on configuration ,

and then I don't see outbound configurations instead it shows Outbound Connection Pools, Under Outbound Connection Pools tab I clicked on New and it asked to select Outbound Connection Group I selected the one that was already there (with JNDI eis/DB/SOADemo) and then created my JNDI which was added to the default Outbound Connection Group and in the end it asked to save the Plan.xml which I saved it under a new directory created under soa directory. But still am not able to connect.

How do I create my own Connection Group as don't want to use the defualt one out there.
    After creating the JNDI Name it asks for saving the Plan.xml file. Where exactly we save this file. Are there any standards.
    Why can't I update any properties when I click on the new JNDI name it takes to Settings for javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory --> Outbound Connection Properties but there I see a save buttn but I can't make any changes.
    BINDING.JCA-12563 Exception occured when binding was invoked. Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'getCreditValidationSelect' failed due to: Could not create/access the TopLink Session. This session is used to connect to the datastore. Caused by javax.resource.spi.InvalidPropertyException: Missing Property Exception. Missing Property: [DBManagedConnectionFactory.userName]. You may have set a property (in _db.jca) which requires another property to be set also. Make sure the property is set in the interaction (activation) spec by editing its definition in _db.jca. . ". The invoked JCA adapter raised a resource exception. Please examine the above error message carefully to determine a resolution. 
    Is there any documentation that lists all these steps as I couldn't find it anywhere. The guide only talks abou DBAdapter but how to configure etc can't find any info. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    675595 Expert
    After creating the JNDI Name it asks for saving the Plan.xml file. Where exactly we save this file.
    This is deployment plan. You can save the XML any where.URI refers to old document but still valid http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs103/programming/overview.html#wp1075863

After this click on the newly created (javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory) you will see
         dataSourceName     java.lang.String     
         defaultNChar     java.lang.Boolean     false
         platformClassName     java.lang.String     oracle.toplink.platform.database.Oracle9Platform
         sequencePreallocationSize     java.lang.Integer     50
         usesBatchWriting     java.lang.Boolean     false
         usesNativeSequencing     java.lang.Boolean     true
         xADataSourceName     java.lang.String     

Tricky part is to modify the Datasource name, please click on the corresponding row for column PropertyValue and then use "EnterKey from Key borad" . If you dont use Enterkey values will not be saved. Datasource name is the jndi name for the Datasource which you want to use with DB Adapter.

My two cents
    Manoj
  • 4. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    635469 Newbie
    I spent almost entire day figuring out how this error. The tricky part: USER ENTER KEY from keyboard.
    They should fix this thing. Why only ENTER key.
  • 5. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    451442 Newbie
    Hi,

Please refer the Link - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/integration.1111/e10231/life_cycle.htm#BABBEDBF -- Section Adding an Adapter Connection Factory for more details.

Thanks,
    Sunil
  • 6. Re: BINDING.JCA-12510 JCA Resource Adapter location error in SOA 11g Suite
    user493257 Newbie

Use "EnterKey from Key board",  I was trying with save button.

Thanks very much. It saved my time too.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points