3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 3:13 PM by user9520027 RSS

OSB 10.2.0.2.0 -- error: can't get info for job 272 - job id not found

user9520027
      We've been running OSB for sometime now but when I go to Job Reports from the GUI interface, I get the above message and no jobs can be displayed and I suspect corruption. I don't see in the manual where you can export / rebuild / import the logs to clean them up like other backup solutions, so How do I rebuild the job lob file without losing current activity?

I ran obtool lsj -A and there are no entries for 272 and current job history range are all > 500

I've also ran and cleaned up expired entries using obcleanup.

Thanks,
      Rob
        • 1. Re: OSB 10.2.0.2.0 -- error: can't get info for job 272 - job id not found
          Hi, you should check what your log policies are set for because it appears
          that they may have been expired, thus no longer available for creating reports.
          To do this
          ob> lsp -l logs
          adminlogevents (none) [default]
          Names of events that are logged in the administrative server activity l
          adminlogfile (none) [default]
          Pathname of the administrative server activity log.
          clientlogevents (none) [default]
          Names of events that are logged in each client's local log file.
          jobretaintime 30 days [default]
          Duration for which scheduler job database records are retained.
          logretaintime 7 days [default]
          Duration for which Oracle Secure Backup daemon log entries are retained
          transcriptretaintime 7 days [default]
          Duration for which backup transcripts are retained.
          unixclientlogfile (none) [default]
          Pathname of the local activity log file for all UNIX clients.
          windowsclientlogfile (none) [default]
          Pathname of the local activity log file for all Windows clients.
          • 2. Re: OSB 10.2.0.2.0 -- error: can't get info for job 272 - job id not found
            user9520027
            Ours are setup with the default values so for the different retension times, they are relatively short and job 272 was completed later part of last year.

I did further research and testing and can't find anything else I can use to either rebuild the logs or give me more details to the situation at hand.

If anything else comes to mind, let me know and thanks for taking a look at this.

Rob