3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 8:14 AM by 639961

unable to tie the location to a customer for internal requisitions

Hello

I am trying to test internal requisitions on my test server
      10.2.0.2.0 and 12.0.6 are the version we reside on

We have one operating unit and several organizations lying under this OU

First Question
      Can I make an internal requistion in which source and destination organization are same?

Second is that the metalink note says tht " you have have to create an internal location and tie it to a customer"
      I am unable to understand this.what does it mean by this.
      The requisition is raised by our companys employee, where does the customer come here

When I am entering destination details on requisition form, it gives me following error
      "Destination location requires customers association in the source organization"
      Now which customer is it talking about. there is no customer feild mentioned on requisition form.Plus why would we need a customer , the internal requisition is for our internal org purposes

Please advice
        • 1. Re: unable to tie the location to a customer for internal requisitions
          Hi,

1. you should create a move order instead for a the same source and destination organization. It is possible for the destination and source to be the same organization, but unless there is a good reason behind it, I suggest simply do it with move order transfer.

2. Internal Requisition - Internal Sales Order needs customer association to a location, because sales order (internal or external) needs a location information to ship the materials.
          Therefore, here's what you need:
          - an internal location, basically you just create a new location which is your internal location
          - a dummy customer, just create the customer the same as you would create a normal customer. create a site with ship to and bill to. In the ship to information, click the Details option. In the newly opened form, under the order management option, there's a field called Internal Location. enter the previously created location. This is what the error you encountered before means.
          - a shipping network between two organization with Internal Order Required attribute to be active
          - a purchasable and internal ordere enabled item (don't forget the OE transactable attribute too) assigned in both organization (source and destination)
          That's all you need for internal requisitions - internal sales orders to work.

Thanks,
          Gerry
          • 2. Re: unable to tie the location to a customer for internal requisitions
            Thanks mann..I am testing it out..will update you

I need to ask a few things about linking requisiton to RFQ to Qoutation to PO

Can i ask you here or open up a new thread
            • 3. Re: unable to tie the location to a customer for internal requisitions
              there's already a thread about this, you could post there instead, i think it would be better

Converting a quote to PO