4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 3:21 PM by 676522

database table of Match approval level data in shipment more tab

Lisan
      hi friends

i need to know the database database table of Match approval level data in shipment > more tab of PO.

pls help. its urgent.
        • 1. Re: database table of Match approval level data in shipment more tab
          the shipment area is located at po_line_locations_all
          • 2. Re: database table of Match approval level data in shipment more tab
            Hi Lisan,

We need to get that information from PO table i.e. PO_Line_Locations_All. The values of these two columns for different options should be as follows.

*4-WAY* :Inspection_required : Y , Receipt_required : Y
            *3-WAY* :Inspection_required : N , Receipt_required : Y
            *2-WAY* :Inspection_required : N , Receipt_required : N

Thanks,
            Raghav
            • 3. Re: database table of Match approval level data in shipment more tab
              Lisan
              Hi friends

Thank you all for reply. 2-Way, 3-Way or 4-Way values are coming against particular item according to the following combination of values in inspection_required_flag and receipt_required_flag column of PO_line_locations_all.

4-WAY :Inspection_required : Y , Receipt_required : Y
              3-WAY :Inspection_required : N , Receipt_required : Y
              2-WAY :Inspection_required : N , Receipt_required : N

it refers there is no fixed column in table based on which 2-Way, 3-Way or 4-Way values are coming for MATCH APPROVAL LEVEL field in that form. am i right? pls response.

One more thing, inspection_required_flag and receipt_required_flag columns are also available in mtl_system_items_b. My question is when a PO is created with any item which value combination is prioritized. i mean when i open Shipment form and go to More Tab, a value for MATCH APPROVAL LEVEL field is automatically set for that item. Where does that value come from? does it come from PO_line_locations_all or mtl_system_items_b ?

if my concept is not wrong it comes from mtl_system_items_b. after saving that PO the value is then stored in PO_line_locations_all.

if my concept is wrong in any way pls let me know. Thanks

Edited by: Lisan on Jul 15, 2009 9:45 AM
              • 4. Re: database table of Match approval level data in shipment more tab
                Hi Lisan,

Yes what you have understood is correct, the value related to the receiving options(2 Way, 3 Way and 4 Way) comes from ITEM level, but there is a default method how the values gets populated in the PO document.

Basically the procurment flow is as below

Financial Options------>Purchasing/Receiving/Payables Options------>Supplier------>Supplier Site------>Item------> Po Documents.

This is the way the information flows on to the PO document, as this defaults basically reduce the data entry by providing values based on corporate policy. Optional defaults (especially the higher level ones i.e. Financial options, Purcahsing options) should be left blank if you frequently override them.

NOTE: Changes to default values affect only new records, not existing records.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
                Raghav