2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2009 7:46 AM by 688217 RSS

Customizing Applications with MDS

I have been investigating static customization using MDS and have read through [Customizing Applications with MDS|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/web.1111/b31974/customize.htm] (and the seemingly identical copy in JDeveloper's Help Center). However, I have been unable to customize my application because I get this error (some parts have been abbreviated) when starting JDeveloper with the Customization Developer Role:

Error initializing MDS configuration for application "file:/C:/Documents and Settings/..._adf_main.jws". Customizations disabled for this application. MDS-00035: cannot load the class: oracle....uiview.IndustryCC.

The problem is that I do not know how to add the particular class to JDeveloper's classpath as instructed in section of the documentation. I have added my class to JDeveloper's classpath via dropping a .jar into lib/ext of the JRE but then had horrible dependency troubles.

While walking through the documentation, I discovered that Example 33-1 and its surrounding documentation are out-of-date because getIDPrefix() is final in CustomizationClass and thus cannot be overridden as the documentation instructs.

I am using JDeveloper Version Build JDEVADF_11.

How do I successfully enter customization mode for my application?