1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 12:44 PM by 643952

PO Change Identifiers

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to highlight the changes that have been made to a PO when they are sent via email through workflow. For example, 1 PO with 3 lines for 1000 PCS of items X,Y and Z.

The original PO will look like this.

LINE 1 = ITEM X DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE X, 1000pcs, PRICE X, TAX X, SUB-TOTAL PRICE
      LINE 2 = ITEM Y DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE Y, 1000pcs, PRICE Y, TAX Y, SUB-TOTAL PRICE
      LINE 3 = ITEM Z DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE Z, 1000pcs, PRICE Z, TAX Z, SUB-TOTAL PRICE

Let's say that Line 2 is cancelled and Line 3 is reduced to 500pcs. In our current process, the revised PO will look like this.

LINE 1 = ITEM X DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE X, 1000pcs, PRICE X, TAX X, SUB-TOTAL PRICE
      LINE 3 = ITEM Z DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE Z, 500pcs, PRICE Z, TAX Z, SUB-TOTAL PRICE

All the data is correct, but the revised PO does not draw any attention to what order was originally. Is there anyway to get something like this?

LINE 2 = ITEM Y DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE Y, 1000pcs, PRICE Y, TAX Y, SUB-TOTAL PRICE
      LINE 3 = ITEM Z DESCRIPTION, DELIVERY DATE Z, --1000pcs-- 500pcs, PRICE Z, TAX Z, SUB-TOTAL PRICE

The idea is to identify the previous version of the PO and to show what the new values are. I don't want the cancelled/changed lines to just disappear or to have it just change. I want to highlight the change. Is this possible?

Thanks,
      BG
        • 1. Re: PO Change Identifiers
          I dunno if there is that kind of option available to display changes in the notification summary unless u customize the workflow or something

What we normally do is the changed PO has a revision number
          The approver knows the PO must have had some kind of changes thants why the revision is other than 0

So he checks the the changes from PO CHANGE HISTORY, we have given him this function in his reponsibility that has been assigned to him
          Hope that helps

In case you find a way to display the changes on notification summary page, let me know too

Emm