5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 3:02 PM by 705933

Working with FDM

Hello all....

Can anyone help me with the FDM installation and configuration stuff working with OBIEE?

Thanks.....Any replies wud be considered helpful.....

Susane
        • 1. Re: Working with FDM
          Christian Berg
          Please be more specific with your question. What kind of information are you looking for with regards to OBIEE and the FDM?

On the highest abstraction level FDM is just a tool for moving and transforming data. So the question is not necessarily "how can I get OBIEE and FDM to work together?" but rather "how do I get OBIEE to use my data source?". So basically a cube.

Long story short: be more specific and we'll be able to help.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Working with FDM
            Thanks Berg.....

I read certain links on FDM and understood what actually could be done through FDM..........

Short but as you say....Experts can always get it better.....and you still got me on the right track.I was just asking that cause I could everywhere find the term FDM linked to Hyperion....and if at all it meant that I need to install Hyperion components to get FDM Install/work.......

Thanks for the reply.....
            Susane
            • 3. Re: Working with FDM
              Christian Berg
              Easiest is always to start with the base documentation to get a first glimpse:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/fdm_admin_help/frameset.htm?ch01.html

The BI portfolio is quite extensive these days, but each day there's more information available out there. Both from Oracle and the different blogs. The distinction between Oracle, ex-Siebel and Hyperion components is still quite visible in most cases but, I see how it can be confusing.
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Working with FDM
                Thanks Berg.....

The link is really helpful....

Thanks again
                Susane
                • 5. Re: Working with FDM
                  Hello Berg......

I know the stuff relates to Hyperion but still if u can help me out.......When I am trying to get Hyperion load balance configuration,it gives me an error saying,
                  ---------------------------
                  Hyperion FDM Load Balance Configuration
                  Unable to create Load Balance Manager object!

Please verify that the user name, password, and domain name are correct.

Error=Cannot create ActiveX component.

Source=Microsoft.VisualBasic - at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObject(String ProgId, String ServerName)

at LoadBalanceConfig.LoadBalanceConfigForm.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                  OK

Can you suggest me how could I get the error corrected?

Any replies would be considered helpful.......

Thanks
                  Susane