4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 11:09 AM by 643952

physical inventory adjustments not updating the onhand quantities

I Tried to test the physical inventory functionality..on 12.0.6

Created a physical inventory based on a subinventory in one of the ORG`s

Generated tags..Now when i entered adjustments, the on hand quantities are not being adjusted..in short the adjustment are not being posted..
      When i query the physical inventory, the snapshot complete is checked but adjustments posted is not

I read tht if i approve a certain tag from the list with the quantity i want to adjust, the process physical inventory adjustments program does the adjustments, but that program does not run.
      Is there any extra thing tht i have to do or did i miss out on anything
      Please advice

Thanks
        • 1. Re: physical inventory adjustments not updating the onhand quantities
          from the physical inventory window, highlight your physical inventory and go to tools > launch adjustment

Thanks
          • 2. Re: physical inventory adjustments not updating the onhand quantities
            Gerry Tunggadjaya wrote:
            from the physical inventory window, highlight your physical inventory and go to tools > launch adjustment

Thanks
            I made adjustment to 3-4 tags..
            And did wat u said

But the request completes with warning and highlited in yellow

says this :

Inventory: Version : 12.0.0

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

INCAPA module: Perform physical inventory Adjustments
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current system time is 24-JUL-2009 12:03:10

Page Length = 59, Page Width = 80

===================================================================
            Debug Mode : Disabled
            Output to Terminal : No
            Argument Method : Database Fetch
            Trace Mode : Disabled

Argument 1 (PHYSICAL_INVENTORY_ID) = 1002
            Argument 2 (ADJUSTMENT_ACCOUNT) = 2001
            Argument 3 (ADJUSTMENT_DATE) = 2009/07/24 12:02:59

PHYSICAL_INVENTORY_ID = 1002
            ADJUSTMENT_ACCOUNT = 2001
            ADJUSTMENT_DATE = 2009/07/24 12:02:59
            ADJUSTMENT_DATE = 2009/07/24 12:02:59
            APP-INV-05206: Adjustments still pending approval -- no adjustments posted

Cause: There are still adjustments requiring approval in this physical inventory. Oracle Inventory has not posted any adjustments for this physical inventory

Action: Approve adjustments in Approve Physical Inventory Adjustments form

***** End Of Program - Perform physical inventory Adjustments *****
            Start of log messages from FND_FILE
            End of log messages from FND_FILE

Executing request completion options...

Output is not being printed because:
            The print option has been disabled for this report.

Finished executing request completion options.

Warning in Physical Adjustment Program.

Concurrent request completed
            Current system time is 24-JUL-2009 12:03:10

• 3. Re: physical inventory adjustments not updating the onhand quantities
              I don't think the adjustment will be performed if there are pending approval for the adjustment. You must approve or reject all pending approvals before performing adjustments (not partially adjust the physical inventory).
              Try querying all pending adjustment and perform action on those pending adjustments, and launch the adjustment again
              • 4. Re: physical inventory adjustments not updating the onhand quantities
                you were right

I created a dummy sub inventory, did miscellaneous reciept of an item and than
                did the whole physical inventory flow
                The adjustments are posted

Thanks