This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Tim,1 person found this helpful
Please see if these documents help.
Note: 364177.1 - How to Generate Sample XML Data for Standard PO Report for use with XML Publisher
Note: 438019.1 - Not Able To Find All XML Elements In PO Output For Communication
Note: 416578.1 - New Template Not Picked By PO Output For Communication
Note: 421255.1 - Notes and References to Resolve Common Issues With PO Output for Communication Report POXPOPDF
Note: 562957.1 - Can POXPPO and POXPOPDF be Set to Call the Same Custom XML Data Source?
hsawwan, Doc ID 364177.1 is SO close but relies on the fact the request has errored. I'm going to try going this road and see if I can find a way. If I get a nice solution then I'll post the response up.
We do it by:
1. Give Core Apps user (who needs to be a Buyer) access to run the 'PO Output for Communications' concurrent request
2. Once you have your PO, do not approve it_ - leave it as incomplete
3. Go to run a new Request > PO Output for Communication
4. Enter PO Number, and set: Print Selection = New, PO Number = Incomplete PO you just created, Test=Debug
5. Submit request
6. On completion, request will error
7. View log of errored job
8. Do Tools > Copy Document to open Log in browser
9. Scroll down until you find the <PO_DATA> tag. Start copying from there (including that tag).
10. Stop copying at the </ADDRESS_DETAILS> tag (just before <XML_QUERY> starts...
11. Copy the selection
12. Paste the selection into a new text document, but put this in the first line: <?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'ISO-8859-1'?>
13. At the end of the text you pasted in (last bit should say </ADDRESS_DETAILS>.
14. Manually type </PO_DATA> at the end of the text you pasted in.
15. Save as an XML file.
You can then use that XML to plug into XML Publisher...
I have screenshots in a word doc if you'd like them emailing to you.
Of course, I am also about 4 weeks late on this reply, so you've probably done the work and moved onto something else now!
EDIT: Sorry - just realised that's exactly the same as Note 364177.1!
Edited by: jimr on Aug 25, 2009 4:19 PM
Edited by: user2056096 on 03-Sep-2009 08:57
Jimr - thanks for that, was just the ticket. As the PO was already approved I just added a line (to unapprove it) and then removed that line and it was good to go.
FYI I logged an SR about this and this note (which I'd suggested to them initially) was there only solution. I'm sure there are more cumbersome ways to do this, but this seems to be the simplest.