11 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 1:54 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available

Hi alla,

Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available now avaliable, You can fine more details on

http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2009/07/apps_11i_techstack_atg_rup_7.html

The official name for this patch is:

Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H.delta.7 (RUP7) (Patch 6241631)
      In other words, this is the seventh consolidated rollup of patches released on top of 11i.ATG_PF.H. For the Oracryptoanalysts out there who like to track nomenclature variants of these things, this patch is also referred to as the Applications Technology Group (ATG) Family Pack H Rollup 7.

This Rollup patch is a collection of technology-stack patches that can safely be applied on top of the ATG Family Pack H. This Rollup patch is cumulative: all previous patches released for Family Pack H since the initial 11.5.10 release are included in this latest patch, including:
        • 1. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Danny,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
            Helios-GunesEROL
            Hi;

Firstly Thanks for sharing;

Anyone can look what is new in it? What is the best benefit?

İ just saw on Steven Chan site there are:

Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H.delta.7 (RUP7) contains Oracle Applications Technology (ATG) security fixes for core ATG products from the January 2005 Critical Patch Update (CPUJan2005) through the July 2009  Critical Patch Update (CPUJul2009).

Anyone has more details or anyone applied this patch?

Thanks

Regards
            Helios

Edited by: helios on 03.Ağu.2009 01:58
            • 3. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Helios,

I believe this means that ATG security fixes/patches are included in this ATG patchset.

Please see the following documents for details.

Note: 836258.1 - Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 11i and 12 Critical Patch Update Knowledge Document (July 2009)
              Note: 790259.1 - How To Get Guidance on Applying the CPU/Critical Patches on 11.5.10 (or R12) environment ? Upgrade To Rollup 6?
              Note: 841441.1 - Oracle Critical Patch Update July 2009 Documentation Map

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                Helios-GunesEROL
                Thanks one more time Hussein;

Until u become tired to answer me i wont become tired to say YOU ARE THE BEST :)

You are really best of best

Regards

Helios
                • 5. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Helios,

Appreciate all your kind words.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                    user1670945
                    Hussein,
                    Once again another thank you for sharing the knowledge.
                    We are planning to apply this to our instance too. Could you please guide us to the right direction.

Initially we are facing 'Perl environment not set for Oracle Applications. (TXK libraries not in INCLUDE list)
                    Ensure that Autoconfig has been run and your environment has been sourced correctly.'

we have tried to adding $APPLRGF(whole patch) to PRL5LIB path. We are getting the above error during the pre-requisites

Thanks
                    JD
                    • 7. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Hi,
                      We are planning to apply this to our instance too. Could you please guide us to the right direction.
                      Do you follow the steps in (Note: 783600.1 - About Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H.delta.7 (RUP 7))? I believe this document should be enough.
                      Initially we are facing 'Perl environment not set for Oracle Applications. (TXK libraries not in INCLUDE list)
                      Please post the complete error message and at what stage/step you receive this error.
                      Ensure that Autoconfig has been run and your environment has been sourced correctly.'
                      Make sure AutoConfig complete successfully on the application tier node before applying this patch, and you are logged in as applmgr user and have sourced the env file.
                      we have tried to adding $APPLRGF(whole patch) to PRL5LIB path. We are getting the above error during the pre-requisites
                      Why to add $APPLRGF? Is there something about this environment variable mentioned in the patch document? Source the env file should be enough.

Regards,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                        user12193712
                        If your EBS is an UNIX Environmet, do not forget to call . $APPL_TOP/APPSORA.env from .profile of App user to fix any Environment variable issues ( ex: Perl ,java)

Regards
                        AJ

Edited by: user12193712 on Mar 17, 2010 2:30 PM
                        • 9. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                          user7824654
                          I have the answer to the problem where you see this error message:

Perl environment not set for Oracle Applications. (TXK libraries not in INCLUDE list)
                          Ensure that Autoconfig has been run and your environment has been sourced correctly.

The problem is you went to the $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin directory and ran the txkprepatchcheck.pl from there. This is WRONG.

The instructions state to navigate to the directory where the patch is unzipped, and from there down to fnd/patch/115/bin.

In my case I unzip all the patches under /patch_stage, so I used this command for navigation:

cd /patch_stage/6241631/fnd/patch/115/bin

The txkprepatchcheck.pl ran successfully from there
                          • 10. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                            user144141
                            After applying the ATG RUP 7 update, we are noticing that the notification mailer is behaving differently in situations where the buyer does not have an email address the mail_status is now showing as 'MAIL' rather than 'NULL' as was before RUP7. I could not find any documentation specific to this change. Currently , the number of records is increasing in the wf_notifications table and is causing concerns.

Please suggest and advice.

Thanks
                            • 11. Re: Latest Apps 11i Techstack (ATG RUP 7) Now Available
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              user13163028 wrote:
                              After applying the ATG RUP 7 update, we are noticing that the notification mailer is behaving differently in situations where the buyer does not have an email address the mail_status is now showing as 'MAIL' rather than 'NULL' as was before RUP7. I could not find any documentation specific to this change. Currently , the number of records is increasing in the wf_notifications table and is causing concerns.
                              Have you applied the patches in (How to Install Oracle Applications 11i ATG Rollup Patch (RUP) 7 (Patch 6241631) While Upgrading LSH to 2.1.4 Version [ID 1183383.1])?

Can you find any errors in the workflow log file?

Workflow Java Mailer & Notifications FAQ [ID 562551.1]
                              OWF H Diagnostics, Solutions and Information [ID 332152.1]
                              Outbound Workflow Email Notification is Not Received [ID 370327.1]

Thanks,
                              Hussein