7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 2:06 AM by CKPT RSS

difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant

Dear All,

Can any please give me some idea about the difference between Oracle Applications DBA (apps dba) and Oracle ERP Consultant.

Which career is most rewarding one in terms of Salary, Job Security and Least amount of work
      I am working as Core DBA which career will be most suited to me and easy to learn
      Which Module of Oracle ERP is most used and would be suited for me
      I have done Oracle 10g DBA certification what certifications would you recommend to me

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,
      Asif
        • 1. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
          ora_tech
          Hi Asif,
          Can any please give me some idea about the difference between Oracle Applications DBA (apps dba) and Oracle ERP Consultant.
          Which career is most rewarding one in terms of Salary, Job Security and Least amount of work I am working as Core DBA which career will be most suited to me and easy to learn Which Module of Oracle ERP is most used and would be suited for me I have done Oracle 10g DBA certification what certifications would you recommend to me
          Oracle Apps DBA is the one who will handle core database as well as Oracle E-Biz Suite (which includes cloning, patching, sysadmin activities etc) and ERP consultant is one who shoul have business knowledge of the products like Financials, HR, Material Management.

He will Implement the ERP and customize the forms and reports as per the business requirement.

I would suggest u to go for Oracle Apps DBA and u can write certification Oracle E-Business Suite R12 System Administrator Certified Expert (OCE)

Regards,
          Xaheer
          • 2. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
            orafad
            user635150 wrote:
            Which career is most rewarding one in terms of Salary, Job Security and Least amount of work
            ... Now pick two of the three ;-)
            • 3. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
              EdStevens
              user635150 wrote:
              Dear All,

That's entirely up to you. No one but you knows what you consider important, what you find interesting, what you find satisfying.

I am working as Core DBA which career will be most suited to me and easy to learn
              Which Module of Oracle ERP is most used and would be suited for me
              I have done Oracle 10g DBA certification what certifications would you recommend to me

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,
              Asif
              My original comment aside, I find these comments from you rather, uh, "enlightening".

"Which career is most rewarding one in terms of . . . Least amount of work"
              "which career will be . . . easy to learn"

Since "easy" and "least work" seem important to you, I'd suggest a career in something besides IT. I could make some specific suggestions but run the risk of insulting people who work in those areas.
              • 4. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
                NavneetSingh
                How much experience does an Oracle DBA needs to be APPS DBA?
                How to be an ORACLE APPS DBA?
                • 5. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
                  CKPT
                  How much experience does an Oracle DBA needs to be APPS DBA?
                  How to be an ORACLE APPS DBA?
                  You are not owner of this thread,

This is not the right area to ask such questions.

Updated this thread after 3 years (previous Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:18 PM)

finally ------------------- LOCK THIS THREAD -----------------------------------
                  • 6. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
                    NavneetSingh
                    I thought y to waste threads, thats y i asked here. If you dont want to reply then i will open a new form as you suggest.
                    • 7. Re: difference between Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle ERP Consultant
                      CKPT
                      Navneet Singh wrote:
                      I thought y to waste threads, thats y i asked here. If you dont want to reply then i will open a new form as you suggest.
                      This is no paper work to save trees. :)