13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2009 4:48 AM by 686149 RSS

SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas

Hi

I installed Weblogic server 10.3.1. Downloaded 11g Oracle SOA Suite.

In the installation guide, it says the repository schemas have to be created first before installing OFM.

I have two questions.

1. There is link provided in the installtion guide 'http://www.oracle.com/technology/' to download rcu.bat. But I don't see this download in this link.
      Could you please tell me from where I can get this rcu.bat file?

2. I am having Oracle 10g daabase installed on my system(Vista). Is it required to install 11g for 11g SOA Suite installation?
      Does it have any advantages for OFM if I upgrade database to 11g?

Thanks
      Praveena.
        • 1. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Hi Praveena,

Please find answers inline -

1. There is link provided in the installtion guide 'http://www.oracle.com/technology/' to download rcu.bat. But I don't see this download in this link.
          Could you please tell me from where I can get this rcu.bat file?

Ans - You need to download and install Repository Creation Utility first. You can download it from below link -

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/middleware/htdocs/111110_fmw.html

2. I am having Oracle 10g daabase installed on my system(Vista). Is it required to install 11g for 11g SOA Suite installation?
          Does it have any advantages for OFM if I upgrade database to 11g?

Ans - It is always advised to use same version of all the softwares in an integration environment to avoid performance and functionality issues. I am not aware of other advantages of 11g database but It has a better handling of CLOB/BLOB objects and is good from performance perspective as well. To know more please refer-

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/oracle-database-11g-top-features/index.html

http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle11g/oracle_11g_new_features.htm

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
            Thanks Anuj.

I will install 11g Oracle database and continue with remaining installation.
            It looks like very big process unlike previous releases. It will be good if they have incorporated all the steps in one GUI installable.

I think I will see some more issues in installing this. So keeping this thread open.

Regards,
            Praveena.
            • 3. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
              Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
              Hi Praveena,

Your suggestion is a valid one but seeing on the cumulative size of installlables it looks that merging them into one will cause portability and downloading issues.

May be Oracle would like to find a proper solution. :)

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                Hi Anuj,

Could you please tell me if Oracle 10g database is compatible with SOA 11g ?

I am not able to install Oracle 11g database either in Vista or XP. Tried a lot.

Thanks
                Praveena.
                • 5. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                  Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                  Hi Praveena,

What problems are you facing in installing 11g database and did you try this on 2-3 machines?

Remember, FMW 11g is certified on Windows XP Professional with SP2+ and Windows Vista with SP1+

I also found that FMW 11g is certified on Oracle Database 10.2.0.4+

Please refer to below link for more information on FMW 11g's certification -

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/ias/files/fusion_certification.html

Regards,
                  Anuj

Edited by: Anuj Dwivedi, Infosys on Sep 23, 2009 6:33 PM
                  • 6. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                    Thanks Anuj.

I tried installing Oracle11g on Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. And I changed my OS on the same machine to Windows XP Professional SP2.

In both the cases, I am not able to install Oracle 11g.

Below is the link to the question I raised in the Forum regarding the same, but I didn't get correct answer.

Re: Oracle Net Configuration Assistant failed  Error - installing Oracel 11g

Could you please tell me what can be the problem. I prefer to do it in Windows Vista.In Vista I am getting Hot spot Virtual machine error

Regards,
                    Praveena.
                    • 7. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                      Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                      Hi Praveena,

Problem is neither with the database nor with OS. JVM is getting crashed on which your installer is running. Make sure you have installed SUN JDK 1.6.0_11+

May be you can retry after reinstalling your JDK. Forward the JVM crash dump to my ID (hs_err_pid****.log).

If still problem persists, download a fresh installer of database and then reinstall. I will suggest you to try this on at least two machines.

Make sure that you have admin access on the system on which you are installing this software and it fulfills the system requirements of FMW 11g.

Regards,
                      Anuj
                      • 8. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                        Thankyou very much Anuj. Actually I am struggling to install 11g database.

I will install Sun JDK again. I will try again by installing Vista back in my system.I will send you the log if it fails.

I installed the same installable on another machine it was installed successfully.(It said memory check is not met, but I went on with install as it had only 1 GB)

The system in which I am trying is having 3GB RAM, 1 GB is occupied by OS. 2GB is free. I think all the other requirements are ok with FMW 11g.

Thanks again.

Regards,
                        Praveena.
                        • 9. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                          onlineAppsDBA.com
                          Praveena,
                          SOA suite 11g is certified with 10g Database (10.2.0.4 and higher for EE, SE) and 10.2.0.1 for XE

where EE - Enterprise Edition
                          SE - Standard Edition
                          XE - Express Edition

You can check SOA 11g installation steps here

http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2009/07/08/oracle-fusion-middleware-soa-suite-11g-r1-installation/

Do let me know if you need help in 11g database installation on Vista machine

Regards
                          Atul Kumar
                          http://onlineAppsDBA.com
                          • 10. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                            Hi Anuj/Atul,

I am trying to install Oracle 11g on Windows XP Professional now again. Could you please look at the below link.

Installing 11g on Windows XP Professional problem

I am not able to install Oracle 11g database. But I successfully installed it on another system(Windows XP) with the same installer.

Could you please help me find out the problem with this.

Thanks
                            Praveena.
                            • 11. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                              Hi,

I am planning to install oracle soa suite 11g and checked the system requirements for this.
                              I found that only certified windows OS are 2003 and 2008 for soa suite 11g. But I have windows xp installed on my laptop.

So, can anyone answer that if oracle soa 11g works on xp and windows vista too?

Regards,
                              Kumar
                              • 12. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                                Hi Kumar,

You can install SOA 11g on XP but Oracle 11gR1 database is not certified in Vista Home.

-Praveena
                                • 13. Re: SOA Suite 11g installation - creation of schemas
                                  Hi Atul/Anuj,

I am able to install SOA Suite 11g successfully.
                                  The link provided by Atul is useful for installing this.

I disabled all my network connections execept Loop back adaptor and changed my computer name from LOCALHOST to HOME and then Oracle 11g database is installed successfully

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
                                  Praveena