4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2009 6:16 AM by Sanjay Desai EBS

How can i see PO total including TAX value

Lisan
      Hi friends

I need to see PO total including TAX value in Purchase Order (PO) entry form. for example, i have a line which totals 100 and it has a Tax Code with 15% Tax rate and 0% Recovery. Now i want to see 115 as PO total in Purchase Order form. is there any settings to obtain this in Oracle 11i (11.5.10.2)?

Thanks in advance.

Lisan
        • 1. Re: How can i see PO total including TAX value
          Supro
          Hi Lisan,
          after you have entered and saved all tax related details you can see i) Tax Summary and ii) Tax Details using the following navigation from PO entry screen:

i) Tax Summary: Inquire (menu option) >> Tax Code Summary - this will show summary of applied tax with Approval Amount including tax

ii) Tax Details: Inquire (menu option) >> Tax Details - this will show Approval Amount including tax with corresponding Line(s), Shipment(s) & Distribution(s)

I guess now you are able to apply tax on PO with tax code set at item level (your last thread "Item level tax implementation").

Thanks
          - Supro
          • 2. Re: How can i see PO total including TAX value
            Lisan
            Hi

Thanks for your reply. yes im able to add tax code automatically while creating PO.

the way you told meets my requirements partially. is there any way to see Approval amount in Total field of PO entry form? and i want to see tax info before saving the PO as tax is dependent on item. whenever ill select item and enter quantity and price amount the Total field will be updated with the Approval amount. is it possible any way?

thank you

Lisan
            • 3. Re: How can i see PO total including TAX value
              Supro
              is there any way to see Approval amount in Total field of PO entry form?
              No, not using standard functionality. Total field at header level is mesnt to display sum of total order amount (quantity x price) for all lines, excluding tax.

You may customize the form to achieve this. It is a display field based on calculated value, and not a database field. If you plan to customize, then need to take care of all possible scenarios.
              and i want to see tax info before saving the PO as tax is dependent on item. whenever ill select item and enter >quantity and price amount the Total field will be updated with the Approval amount. is it possible any way?
              As I have mentioned above, it is a display field based on calculated value with input taken from line level data stored in the database. So unless line level data is stored it will not show the amount as per standard functionality.
              • 4. Re: How can i see PO total including TAX value
                Sanjay Desai EBS
                Hi Lisan / Friends

You can see the Goods value and Tax Value using "Purchase Order (Localized) " Form where you have to Query with PO

regards
                Sanjay