9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2009 11:26 AM by misterimran RSS

OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!

misterimran
      Dear All,

I installed Oracle 11gR1 on Linux OS. Installation was successful, database, listener and enterprise manager was running fine.

for some configurations I had to change host name from localhost.localdomain to my required name.

Now when i try to start dbconsole using emctl start dbconsole, I am getting the following error:

OC4J Configuration issue. /OC4J_DBConsole_computer_name not found.

Kindly help to resolve this problem.

Regards,
      Imran
        • 1. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
          Aman....
          You probably are on a dhcp based system. You need to make sure that the correct IP setting is there in the /etc/hosts file. The issue is that your db console, using whatever host name it was made, its not available anymore.See the following page for the basic troubleshooting of EM,

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/BasicEnterpriseManagerTroubleshooting.php

HTH
          Aman....
          • 2. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
            Changing hostname requires the OEM to recreate. Try recreating it by:
            emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
              set oracle_home and Oracle_Sid
              before emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate else again you will get same error
              • 4. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                misterimran
                One more thing please.

I have created repos again, emctl status is showing that enterprise manager is running.

the setup has picked up the hostname in url to access enterprise manager.

if suppose the hostname is server1 then the url is

https://server1:5500/em/

I cant access this url from outside. when i replace it with live ip i cant access either.

How to replace it with IP? or any other solution.

Regards,
                Imran
                • 5. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                  Can you ping the server from outer place from where you tried to open the oem? Also, is the port 5500 open? Can you post the output of
                  $emctl status dbconsole
                  from your server.

Thanks.
                  • 6. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                    misterimran
                    Dear Virendra,

I can ping the live IP.

Output of emctl status dbconsole is:

[oracle@internationalbeams ~]$ emctl status dbconsole
                    Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.1.0.6.0
                    Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
                    https://server1:5500/em/console/aboutApplication
                    Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g is running.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Logs are generated in directory /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/server1_bssglbuk/sysman/log
                    [oracle@internationalbeams ~]$

I cant ping server1 though, that is used as https address of enterprise manager.

Hope this will help understand the problem.

Regards, Imran
                    • 7. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                      misterimran wrote:
                      Dear Virendra,

I can ping the live IP.
                      If you ping the IP then you can make an entry int your etc/hosts file to list the host in your machine.
                      Output of emctl status dbconsole is:

[oracle@internationalbeams ~]$ emctl status dbconsole
                      Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.1.0.6.0
                      Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
                      https://server1:5500/em/console/aboutApplication
                      Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g is running.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Logs are generated in directory /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/server1_bssglbuk/sysman/log
                      [oracle@internationalbeams ~]$

I cant ping server1 though, that is used as https address of enterprise manager.
                      Try from your command prompt window if the port 5500 is open
                      c:/>telnet <serverip> 5500
                      and see if it is opening. If its opening then replacing server1 with ip should resolve your problem.

Thanks.
                      • 8. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                        misterimran
                        Virendra, you are right. when I perform telnet <ip> 5500 It say could not open connection to the host on port, 5500: connection failed.
                        and even when i telnet <ip> it says the same thing though port now is 23:

How do I open these ports for external traffic on linux?

Thanks, Imran
                        • 9. Re: OC4J configuration issue when i start dbconsole!
                          misterimran
                          Any suggestions please, I need to connect enterprise manager remotely?

I think its the port issue and something needs to be done regarding ports on linux.

Thanks, Imran