7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2009 10:17 AM by Supro

Can't do quick receipt

Jerome.Yin
      Hi All,
      I created a PO, after approval. Then I go to receiving-> receipt. Put the PO number in the find form and give the item number which I want to do the quick receipt. Once I click the express button in the receipt form, choose the destination type as Final Destination and save the selected receipt lines, then the system show a prompt window with the message: Total express transactions created: 0. Even if the receipt number has been generated, but I can't find it in the receiving transaction and receiving transaction summary. Could you help me on this and let me know what's the problem exactly?

Thanks & Best Regards,
      Jerome
        • 1. Re: Can't do quick receipt
          Supro
          Hi Jerome,
          Oracle Purchasing requires the subinventory information to be provided for an express receipt to save. This will default from the Purchase Order or from the Item Transaction Defaults. Without this information, Express Receipts will not process any of the transactions on the receipt as it does not have a final destination for the item.

I assume subinventory is missing in your case.

To correct this problem, you can

a) define a default subinventory for the item in Item Transaction Defaults

OR
          b) provide a subinventory in the PO distribution.

Thanks
          - Supro
          • 2. Re: Can't do quick receipt
            Jerome.Yin
            Hi Supro
            Thanks for your help firstly. Not only -Express Receipt-, but also -Cascade Receipt- can't be finished successfully. Only Standard Receipt can be done.
            Actually, I have provided a subinventory for the item in the distribution of PO, Don't know why can't do the express receipt. I found in bottom of the receipt lines form, the Routing is Directly Delivery. Whether this will be impact the express receipt? I have tied to set the routing from Directl Delivery to Standard in the item level, supplier level and receiving option level. But I still can't do the express.

For the a) define a default subinventory for the item in Item Transaction Defaults
            Could you tell me the path of this? Hope you can provide the further help on this.

Warm Regards,
            Jerome
            • 3. Re: Can't do quick receipt
              Supro
              Hi Jerome,
              let us first try to resolve the Express Receipt issue and then we'll try other cascade etc.

Regarding your last question:
              For the a) define a default subinventory for the item in Item Transaction Defaults
              Could you tell me the path of this? Hope you can provide the further help on this.
              Inventory Superuser Responsibility or similar >> Setup >> Transactions >> Item Transaction Defaults
              If the subinventory is under locator control then please enter locator details as well (Locator tab).

Please check the following:
              a) In Transaction Status Summary window (Receiving >> Transaction Status Summary) try to query against the problematic PO and check is there are any records in Pending or any other status. If PO # is not accepted then there is no record, so no issue. If record exists then this may indicate that the transaction is having problem. Check the error message, if any. If in Pending status this could be due to Immediate/ Online mode of processing. Try to do express receipt after setting the "RCV%Processing%Mode" profile to Batch

b) You can also check from backend using the following query. If you don't have access then please take help from someone who is having backend access.

SELECT INTERFACE_TYPE,INTERFACE_TRANSACTION_ID, COLUMN_NAME, ERROR_MESSAGE_NAME
              FROM po.po_interface_errors -- or can use apps.po_interface_errors
              WHERE INTERFACE_TYPE = 'RECEIVE';

c) Wheher the subinventory you used is under locator control. In this case specifying subinventory in PO distribution will not work for Final Destination. You have to go for Item Transaction Defaults with locator details

d) Whether item is under revision control or the item revision is required for the receipt transaction and not obtainable as a default from the item definition and the destination is Final. This will prevent express receipt

e) Whether lot/serial information is required. Item is under serial control (At Receipt) or lot control. This will prevent express receipt when serial/lot is not specified / cannot be obtained

f) Whether you have any custom database triggers enabled for receiving tables like RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE, RCV_TRANSACTIONS etc. This may cause problem

g) Whether Days Early/ Days Late receipt date tolerance is exceeded and the exception control is Reject. (PO Shipment >> Receiving Controls). This will not give any warning but will reject the express receipt with the error message you have given.

Try this and let me know the results.
              1) Set the profile "RCV%Allow routing override" to Yes at user level (your ID) if not already set to Yes at site or any other level higher than user. You can set it at responsibility or application level as well. Set receipt routing to Standard Receipt in Receiving Control. Populate destination location at PO Distribution level. Re-Approve the PO and then perform express receipt with destination type as Receiving.

2) Try to receive against a shipment by providing PO #, line and shipment number when querying in receipt screen. Try both Receiving and Final Destination (after providing corresponding required details in PO, item transaction defaults etc) for destination type.
              I found in bottom of the receipt lines form, the Routing is Directly Delivery. Whether this will have impact on the
              express receipt?
              No, provided corresponding required details are available while doing express receipt.
              To give you an example, say the receipt routing is Standard Receipt. You have item transaction defaults populated. Overall all requested details are available to do an express receipt. Now you are doing express receipt and specify destination type as Final Destination. In this case the receipt transaction will complete both receiving and delivery and will not stop at receiving based on routing.
              Another example. Say the receipt routing is Direct Delivery. You have destination location populated at PO distribution level. You may or may not have item transaction defaults populated. Now you are doing express receipt and specify destination type as Receiving. In this case the receipt transaction will complete only receiving transaction and will stop there even if routing is Direct Delivery. There can be many such examples.
              I have tied to set the routing from Directl Delivery to Standard in the item level, supplier level and receiving option > level. But I still can't do the express.
              Check the receipt routing populated under Receiving Controls under PO Shipment. It defaults based on item (highest), if not available then Supplier and then Receiving Options (parameters) if not available at supplier level. But you can overrite the receipt routing populated under Receiving Controls under PO Shipment using "RCV%Allow routing override" profile. As I have given examples above, it will not impact the express receipt that way. Destination type selection during express receipt will have the control.

Thanks
              - Supro
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can't do quick receipt
                Jerome.Yin
                Hi Supro,
                Thank you so much. You are very professional. I checked your advice and found something as below:

a) In Transaction Status Summary form, I found all records(PO shipment) which I did reccipt, but the status is Error without any error message.
                RCV: Processing Mode is setted in the site with the value immediate only.

b) I haven't backend access. :(

c) The locator control of the subinventory is Item level. When I create the item, I didn't give any locator setting.

d) The item isn't under version control. How to check whether the item revision is required for the receipt transaction?

e) lot/serial information isn't required.

f) I'm using the oracle demo environment. So I think there isn't any custom database triggers enabled for receiving tables.

g) When I define the item, I gave the action as warning as receipt date control and the days early & late is 5days. I do remember, when I do the receipt, the system showed a note to me as "receipt date tolerance is exceeded".

For the rest of your advice, it will be determined by above update. Please provide a newer comment.

Thanks & Best Regards,
                Jerome
                • 5. Re: Can't do quick receipt
                  Supro
                  Hi Jerome,
                  please see my updates below.
                  a) In Transaction Status Summary form, I found all records(PO shipment) which I did reccipt, but the status is Error without any error message.
                  This indicates Receipts screen/ underlying files may be having some problem for Express receipts. I don't think it is Receiving Transaction Processor issue since you are able to perform normal receipts.

c) The locator control of the subinventory is Item level. When I create the item, I didn't give any locator setting.
                  So this is not creating any problem.
                  d) The item isn't under version control. How to check whether the item revision is required for the receipt transaction?
                  This is also not creating any problem. Say you have populated default item revision in PO line (item is not under revision control) and revision is not showing up for that shipment in expected receipts screen.
                  f) I'm using the oracle demo environment. So I think there isn't any custom database triggers enabled for receiving tables.
                  So this is also not creating any problem.
                  g) When I define the item, I gave the action as warning as receipt date control and the days early & late is 5days. I do remember, when I do the receipt, the system showed a note to me as "receipt date tolerance is exceeded".
                  Do you mean that, when you did normal receipt and days early/ late tolerance exceeded the limit then system displayed the warning message ? Because for express receipt it will not display any warning message and will process the transaction based Action specified: Reject >> reject the transaction; Warning >> Allow the transaction w/o any message for express receipt.

In the receiving org check for the item whether 'Allow Express Transactions' is set to 'No'. Normally it should not allow express receipt if the flag is set to 'No' but there were bugs earlier in 11.5.10.x. Which release of the Demo env are you using? 11.5.10.x or R12?
                  I'm able to do express receipt in R12 vision 12.0.6 (http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tools_r12vision.htm).

Try using a new PO. It could be a problem with the instance (receipt form file or pls file versions or some internal processor).

Thanks
                  Supro
                  • 6. Re: Can't do quick receipt
                    Jerome.Yin
                    Hi Supro,
                    I found the issue and I took a mistake on this. I'm very sorry.

This is regarding the destination type of the item. As we know, when we define item in the master org in the inventory tab, if we choose the item as the inventory item, then the item's destination type is Inventory, otherwise, the item's destination type is Expense.
                    For the Inventory destination type, we can give the subinventory in the distribution.
                    For the Expense destination type, the subinventory is gray and we can put anything on that.

Due to express receipt is subinventory required, if we do the express receipt for the Expense item, it will be failed. :) sorry for my mistake.
                    Once I found the issue, I did an express receipt for the Inventory item, it was completed successfully.

The version of my system is 11.5.10.2
                    Thanks & Best Regards,
                    Jerome
                    • 7. Re: Can't do quick receipt
                      Supro
                      Hi Jerome,
                      no problem :). I did not consider the expense destination case since it mentioned about "item" and subinventory etc. Once I thought about mentioning the express receipt scenario for expense destination but then removed those lines before posting.

So now you are happy!

Thanks
                      Supro