9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 2:20 PM by David Debish

FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube

user598293
      Anybody have used FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube? How do you clear and run calc on ASO cube?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
          user8702914
          Have you had any luck with this? I am even wondering if the adapter will allow for ASO.

I am getting a errors with the ASO load via FDM 11.1.1.3 and ERPi.
          • 2. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
            user8702914
            My error was slightly different. Apparently in Workbench client the adapters can get corrupt if you copy from a copied adapter. My advice would be to copy from the original adapter and recreate your settings, or better yet add a new adapter from the xml/dll source.

And BTW don't for get to register the adapter.

hope this helps

Edited by: user8702914 on Feb 11, 2010 7:57 PM
            • 3. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
              David Debish
              Does the Essbase Adapter for FDM Support ASO Cubes? [ID 1168153.1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified 17-AUG-2010 Type HOWTO Status PUBLISHED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applies to:
              Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 11.1.1.3.00 and later [Release: 11.1 and later ]
              Information in this document applies to any platform.

Goal:
              Does the Essbase adapter for FDQM support ASO cubes?

Solution:
              ASO cubes are not currently supported in FDQM.
              Unpublished Enhancement 6568323 has been created and it is currently under consideration for a future release.

References
              BUG:6568323 - 8-529236080 - CUSTOMER WANTS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ASO FUNCTIONS IN ESSBASE.

Related
              Products

Middleware > Enterprise Performance Management > Financial Data Quality Management > Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management
              • 4. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                TonyScalese
                Please do not post new in existing threads. Please start a new thread.
                • 5. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                  David Debish
                  Hi Tony,

My post was in response to user598293 question of whether FDM allows for data loads into an Essbase ASO cube.

My post is not the start of a new question, but information provided by Oracle. ASO cubes are not currently supported in FDQM.

ERPi nor FDM currently support data loads into Essbase ASO cubes.

Regards,
                  David
                  • 6. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                    WPaffhausen
                    Hello D2,

Please be careful. ERPi does support direct loads into ASO. This I believe is stated in the ERPi Documentation.

Thank you,
                    • 7. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                      David Debish
                      Thank you WPaffhausen. That was the point I was trying to make. :)

As per Oracle:
                      1.) ERPi does Not support data loads into an Essbase ASO cube.
                      2.) FDM does Not support data loads into an Essbase ASO cube.

Cheers,
                      David
                      • 8. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                        TonyScalese
                        David,

Apologies for misunderstanding your post.

As Wayne said, ERPi does (I think you accidently added "Not" to your subsequent post) support loading to ASO.

ASO loading for FDM is expected in the 11.1.2.1 release but as with all Oracle releases, that is subject to change.
                        • 9. Re: FDM to load data in Essbase ASO cube
                          David Debish
                          Thank you for the correction Tony.

Just to clarify something that's clearly over clarified. :)

ERPI does support a target ASO Essbase application providing that the metadata/data is loading directly to Essbase either via the classic or EPMA method.
                          As FDM doesn't currently support ASO it is not possible to load the data from ERPI via FDM to an ASO Essbase application.

Cheers,
                          David