14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 5:24 PM by user10760811

Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install

Chris999
      Has anyone successfully installed Portal, Forms, Reports 11g supported by OID and SSO?

I am attempting to, but keep getting confused when it comes to the SSO part.

The 10gR2 Application Server install was easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
          Hi,

Can you let us know more like your OS and the error you are getting ?

-Nisar
          • 2. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
            Chris999
            Problem: I've installed OID by itself and am about to install OSSO. I know I need to install SSO 10.1.4.0.1 (from the 10gR3 App Server installer) and then patch it up to 10.1.4.3. Is this right??? It seems like an awful lot of monkey business, and I'm thinking I'm on the wrong track.

I'm attempting install Portal, Forms, Reports 11g services all on the same machine.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
              Yes, I have installed and configured it on a Windows Server 2003 SP2. OID 11g with SSO 10.1.4.3 ... there is a separate download for just the SSO part for FMW.., then you have to run a script (3 times), to allow the 10g SSO load/register with the 11g OID.. then you just install your Forms and Reports/Portal and let it register with the 11g OID that already has the SSO part loaded.

What are the steps that you're taking to do this?

In what part are you getting stuck or confused?

NOTE:
              FMW 11g - SSO Metadata Repository Creation Assistant (10.1.4.3.0) is only available for Windows and Linux platforms.

Edited by: Rodolfo Ferrari on Aug 14, 2009 6:58 PM
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                Is the OID from the FMW 11g ? The 10g SSO you should take it from the one available on the FMW 11g download page, if you use the one available from the 10g page it will install other schemas, more than what you really need and you might ended up with a message like the database has an 10g instance installed ....
                • 5. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                  Chris999
                  Rodolfo,

Thanks for your advice.

I've installed or am planning on installing (in this order):
                  1) run ofm_rcu_win32_11.1.1.1.0 repository create utility against the repository database
                  2) install Weblogic Server 11g
                  3) install Oracle Internet Directory from ofm_idm_11.1.1.1.0_32_disk1 (I installed OID only)
                  4) run perl script inspre11.pl with -op1 against the repository database
                  5) run ofm_sso_rcu_win_10.1.4.3.0_disk1 (from the 11g download area) against the repository database
                  6) reset the ODS password to the value what was set when OID was installed and restart OID.
                  7) run perl script inspre11.pl with -op2 against the repository database
                  8) install OSSO and Oracle Delegated Administration Services 10.1.4.0.1 (from the App Server 10g download area)
                  9) upgrade OSSO and Oracle Delegated Administration Services to 10.1.4.3.0 by applying the patch set
                  10) run perl script inspre11.pl with -op3 against the repository database
                  11) install Portal, Form, Reports, Discoverer 11g (and tell the installer about the OID and OSSO bits)

I am currently working through step 5.

Am I on the right track here?? The Oracle Instructions are a bit scattered around....
                  • 6. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                    You're on the right track Chris.... I 'd just add step 9.5 - check SSO and DAS to make sure they are working before installing Portal, Forms and Reports

Ooops... I almost forgot... you need to run RCU 11g to load the Portal/Discoverer repositories to the database ... you can do it anytime before running the Portal, Forms and Reports installer - let's say step 1.5.

NOTE: When running the perl script, the documentation mentions to enter the DB connection string in the form server:port:service, if you run into problems just enter the SID instead ... Another thing to watch out is the PATH in your environment as you install things, services might not work properly after a reboot, so, you just adjust the PATH to have the database homes/bin before the FMW/10g oracle homes/bin.... leave the 10g directories at the end ...
                    • 7. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                      Chris999
                      Wonderful!

Thank you very much!
                      • 8. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                        You're welcome...
                        • 9. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                          Chris999
                          I have successfully installed PFRD supported by OID 11g and OSSO 10.1.4.3 now.

Thanks for your tips.
                          • 10. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                            user10760811
                            Hi! I'm having trouble installing Portal, Forms and Reports 11g. I always get the same error installing OID.

*" start Oracle internet Directory" failed*

Error creating ASComponent oid1.

Cause:

An internal operation has failed: Failed to start the component
                            Action:

See logs for more details.

This on Windows 2003 Server Sp2 4 Gb Ram

Here are the steps that I've followed:

1) Create database instance for repository. Make sure init parameters are correct. I used 11.1.0.7
                            2) Run RCU for OID11g against repository database
                            3) Install WLS 11g
                            4) start Weblogic Node Manager
                            5) install Identity Management 11g

Has anyone come across this error? If so I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!!

Edited by: user10760811 on 15-oct-2009 8:00
                            • 11. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                              You should have searched the IDM forum, there you can find this thread: Identity Management Install: 11g - start Oracle Internet Directory failed

I also had the same problem, I think I started with an 11g database but then switched to a 10.2.0.4 database for the repository ... seems to work better.... read the thread ... there are a couple of things that you can check... (network, DNS, DB character set).

If you are planning to have SSO for your Forms and Reports 11g, you would also need to install a 10g SSO instance, but this after you have finished with the IDM part ...

PS: It'd have been better if you had created a new thread for your question rather than piggy back on an old thread... :-)
                              • 12. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                                user10760811
                                Thank you for your quick answer!!! I opened a new thread (Oracle Indentity Management 13 of 14 install fails but nobody answered so I tried here.

I already read the thread you mention, and I checked network, DNS, DB character set but I still get this error on my Install.log. I try to follow step by step your solution but I still get this error:

oracle.as.config.ProvisionException: Failed to start the component
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.fmwadmin.ASComponentProv.createComponent(ASComponentProv.java:158)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.fmwadmin.ASComponentProv.createComponent(ASComponentProv.java:74)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.fmwadmin.ASInstanceProv._createComponent(ASInstanceProv.java:390)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.fmwadmin.ASInstanceProv.createComponent(ASInstanceProv.java:347)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.fmwadmin.ASInstanceProv.createInstanceAndComponents(ASInstanceProv.java:133)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor._createASInstancesAndComponents(WorkFlowExecutor.java:521)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.WorkFlowExecutor.executeWLSWorkFlow(WorkFlowExecutor.java:437)*
                                *     at oracle.as.provisioning.engine.Config.executeConfigWorkflow_WLS(Config.java:870)*
                                *     at oracle.as.idm.install.config.IdMDirectoryServicesManager.doExecute(IdMDirectoryServicesManager.java:971)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:335)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:87)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:104)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:63)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:158)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)*
                                *     at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:82)*
                                *     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)*

*]]*
                                *[2009-10-13T13:20:48.529-04:30] [as] [TRACE:16] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 18] [ecid: 0000IHEzB0KFW71FzviOO01ApBD2000009,0] [SRC_CLASS: IdMProvisioningEventListener] [SRC_METHOD: onConfigurationError] ENTRY bb083855-166a-49bd-b2e6-58481fae9b7e*
                                *[2009-10-13T13:20:48.529-04:30] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 18] [ecid: 0000IHEzB0KFW71FzviOO01ApBD2000009,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.idm.install.config.event.IdMProvisionEventListener] [SRC_METHOD: onConfigurationError] ________________________________________________________________________________*
                                *[2009-10-13T13:20:48.529-04:30] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 18] [ecid: 0000IHEzB0KFW71FzviOO01ApBD2000009,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.idm.install.config.event.IdMProvisionEventListener] [SRC_METHOD: onConfigurationError] [OOB IDM CONFIG EVENT] onConfigurationError -> configGUID bb083855-166a-49bd-b2e6-58481fae9b7e*
                                *[2009-10-13T13:20:48.529-04:30] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 18] [ecid: 0000IHEzB0KFW71FzviOO01ApBD2000009,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.idm.install.config.event.IdMProvisionEventListener] [SRC_METHOD: onConfigurationError] [OOB IDM CONFIG EVENT] ErrorID: 35076*
                                *[2009-10-13T13:20:48.529-04:30] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.provisioning] [tid: 18] [ecid: 0000IHEzB0KFW71FzviOO01ApBD2000009,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.idm.install.config.event.IdMProvisionEventListener] [SRC_METHOD: onConfigurationError] [OOB IDM CONFIG EVENT] Description: [[*
                                Error creating ASComponent oid1.
                                Cause:

An internal operation has failed: Failed to start the component
                                Action:

See logs for more details.
                                *]]*

can you help me? Thank you for your time!!

Pd: sorry for my awful English. Should I answered you here or in the new thread Oracle Indentity Management 13 of 14 install fails ?
                                • 13. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                                  Did you try using a 10.2.0.4 database for the repository ? This configuration also worked for me and some other people, like I said, IDM seems to work better with a 10g repository.

PS: You should have posted in the IDM forum - Identity Manager not the SOA one...

Edited by: Rodolfo Ferrari on 15-Oct-2009 10:28 AM
                                  • 14. Re: Portal, Forms, Reports 11g install
                                    user10760811
                                    Thank you so much for your answer! I'm going to post in the IDM forum as you said. And I'm going to try using a 10.2.0.4 database for the repository. I was trying 11.1.0.7.

PD: the new post: Identity Management Install: 11g - start Oracle Internet Directory failed

Edited by: user10760811 on 15-oct-2009 10:19