11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2009 12:38 PM by 534640 RSS

Unable to use expdp on NFS mount point

Dear All,
      I am using oracle database 11g (11.1.0.7) on AIX 6.1 server. (the clinet for NFS)
      I have another server having AIX6.1 operating system. (source host from where i want to share dir to my target machine)

I have successfully configured the NFS mount point and I can insert,view and delete files using oracle os user on this NFS mount point.
      This means that we have read,write access on this directory.

However when i try to use datapump export utility and tried to dump the files on this directory, it prompt me errors:
      =========================================================================
      Export: Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production on Tuesday, 18 August, 2009 11:26:18

Copyright (c) 2003, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.
      ;;;
      Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production
      With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
      ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
      ORA-31641: unable to create dump file "/backup_prod/DB_BKP/dump_dir/dev_dir/etl_schama_export_01.dmp"
      ORA-27054: NFS file system where the file is created or resides is not mounted with correct options
      Additional information: 6
      =========================================================================
      Note: I had created directory object on this directory and have granted read,write privilege on this directory to the user i am using in export.

How this is happening that I can create and drop files on this directory using os commands but unable to dump files through oracle utility.
      Any Idea about this??