This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2009 1:01 PM by 489979 RSS

OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS

489979 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I receive the following error when attempting to create a Response Mass Change with the following criteria:

QG Name: XX
Question Name: YY (Single CHAR variable with default text, only one question specified)

Criteria:
Response, (<XX.YY$F> like '%±%')

Error:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
ORA-06512: at "RXC.RXCMCMCS", line 30
ORA-06512: at "RXC.RXCMCCRTCDS, line 1107
ORA-06512: at "RXC.RXCMCCRTCDS, line 1477

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    663759 Newbie
    Hi JK,

Can you be bit more clear about the problem? is that error populated when u click on create CDS or while creating Criteria?

In CDS criteria we cannot give response values.

I would be able to help you if i could get to know the CDS criteria you have provided.

Regards,
    Satish
  • 2. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    489979 Newbie
    Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply. The error is received after defining the Mass Change. If either the "Calculate CDS" or "Create CDS" buttons are clicked, the error will appear at the bottom of the window (not pop-up).

-JK
  • 3. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    663759 Newbie
    Hi JK,

It seems the error is because of the criteria you have selected. please delete the criteria and try to save it. if it is not saved, then problem with the data values entered in the top block.

FYI: criteria is to select the documents by giving Received DCI/DCM details, we cannot create the criteria with response values.

Please get back to me if you need any furhter info.

Regards,
    Satish
  • 4. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    489979 Newbie
    Thanks Satish,

It seemed that this problem was going to go away on its own as we ceased to need the mass change. However, it has arisen again.

I have no problem creating a like set of criteria using responses. It is only when the special character is included in the filter that the error appears. It is somewhat odd as the character renders correctly in other areas of the interface, however, I begin to wonder if isn't still fundamentally a characterset issue.

Despite the efficiency of using the special character in the sql statement, I think I will need to simply define the change in another, probably more laborious manner to correct the problem.

Any further ideas are welcome.

Thanks again,
    JK
  • 5. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    522028 Newbie
    Hi,

This error seems to be is related to the length of the question where you are trying to apply mass changes.
    Please check the length of the response which is already entered and the new response. It should be of the less than or equal to the length of the question.

Cheers
    Navi
  • 6. Re: OCL 4.5.1:  Mass Changes; error received when creating CDS
    489979 Newbie
    Hi Navi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think the length of the new response is the issue. My reason for this is that the error occurs before I've even defined this. Also, when I use a successful, but more belabored criteria, I am able to effect the change regardless of the relationship between the original and new values.

-JK

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points