7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2009 9:10 AM by Jay SenSharma MiddlewareMagic RSS

10.3 Console Will Not Open

the_assface
      I have a new 10.3 WL portal environment and bound a JDBC target to server. Activating it went all night and the next day I restarted WL and could not get in. It does go to 'running' and brings up a login screen and apparently logs in ok but gives an error "A serious condition has been detected which prevents the proper operation of the Weblogic Administration Console.It's likely that this condition is the result of a configuration problem. See the log files for more information."

3 errors in log...any ideas to resolve?

<Aug 27, 2009 8:34:19 AM CDT> <Error> <Console> <BEA-240003> <Console encountere
      d the following error weblogic.descriptor.DescriptorValidateException: The follo
      wing failures occurred:
      -- Reference to webapp1 by [QA10311]/JDBCSystemResources[documentumDS]/Targets i
      s ambigous;
      The following beans share this name:
      - weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBeanImpl@69aeb87a([QA10311]/Servers[w
      ebapp1])
      - weblogic.management.configuration.ClusterMBeanImpl@69aeb875([QA10311]/Clusters
      [webapp1])

at weblogic.descriptor.internal.ReferenceManager.resolveReferences(Refer
      enceManager.java:299)
      at weblogic.descriptor.internal.DescriptorImpl.resolveReferences(Descrip
      torImpl.java:321)
      at weblogic.descriptor.BasicDescriptorManager.createDescriptor(BasicDesc
      riptorManager.java:317)
      at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.loadBeanTree(Edi
      tAccessImpl.java:1862)
      at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.loadBeanTreeFrom
      Pending(EditAccessImpl.java:1753)
      at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.ensureBeanTreeLo
      aded(EditAccessImpl.java:1686)
      at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.getDomainBeanWit
      houtLock(EditAccessImpl.java:1155)
      at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.edit.internal.EditServiceMBeanImpl.g
      etDomainConfiguration(EditServiceMBeanImpl.java:61)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
      java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
      sorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at weblogic.management.jmx.modelmbean.WLSModelMBean.getAttribute(WLSMode
      lMBean.java:525)

AND....

<Aug 27, 2009 8:34:19 AM CDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[weblogic.servlet.int
      ernal.WebAppServletContext@c907ff - appName: 'consoleapp', name: 'console', cont
      ext-path: '/console', spec-version: '2.5'] Servlet failed with Exception
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed

AND...

####<Aug 27, 2009 9:36:27 AM CDT> <Info> <ServletContext-/bea_wls_internal> <qaportal1> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1251383787196> <BEA-000000> <HTTPClntLogin: Login rejected with code: 'Failed', reason: java.net.ProtocolException: HTTP tunneling is disabled
           at weblogic.rjvm.http.HTTPServerJVMConnection.acceptJVMConnection(HTTPServerJVMConnection.java:89)
           at weblogic.rjvm.http.TunnelLoginServlet.service(TunnelLoginServlet.java:80)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3498)
           at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2180)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2086)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1406)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
      '>
        • 1. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
          If activation taking too much time, then restart the admin server, undo changes and try one more time.

In this case, you can try to use the backed up config.xml and restart. That will take you back to your previous working condition.
          • 2. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
            the_assface
            Thanks for the info. I have tried to use all the backed up config.xml files I have and all of them do the same thing with the console message I attached previously, which is strange because they have all been created way before the error was ever seen. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
              Betino
              I've seen 2nd error when I logout from Admin Console, I don't think you must focus on it.

I think 3rd error require enable http tunneling, edit config.xml adding the following tag to AdminServer definition
              <tunneling-enabled>true</tunneling-enabled>

For 1rst error Try undeploy or delete documentumDS resource using WLST, then restart server and retry login in Admin Console

Edited by: Betino on 27/08/2009 04:54 PM

Edited by: Betino on 27/08/2009 05:05 PM
              • 4. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
                the_assface
                I tried accessing the WLST but it seems to have similar problem.....

Please enter your server URL [t3://localhost:7001] :t3://qaportal1:8098
                Connecting to t3://qaportal1:8098 with userid beaadmin ...

The CompatabilityMBeanServer is not initialized properly.
                This might happen if the CompatabilityMBeanServer is
                disabled via the JMXMBean.

To view the root cause exception use dumpStack()
                weblogic.descriptor.DescriptorValidateException: The following failures occurred
                :
                -- Reference to webapp1 by [QA10311]/JDBCSystemResources[documentumDS]/Targets i
                s ambigous;
                - weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBeanImpl@1bdc4eb5([QA10311]/Servers[w
                ebapp1])
                - weblogic.management.configuration.ClusterMBeanImpl@1bdc4eba([QA10311]/Clusters
                [webapp1])

at weblogic.descriptor.internal.ReferenceManager.resolveReferences(Refer
                enceManager.java:299)
                at weblogic.descriptor.internal.DescriptorImpl.resolveReferences(Descrip
                torImpl.java:321)
                at weblogic.descriptor.BasicDescriptorManager.createDescriptor(BasicDesc
                riptorManager.java:317)
                at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.loadBeanTree(Edi
                tAccessImpl.java:1862)
                at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.loadBeanTreeFrom
                Pending(EditAccessImpl.java:1753)
                at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.ensureBeanTreeLo
                aded(EditAccessImpl.java:1686)
                at weblogic.management.provider.internal.EditAccessImpl.getCurrentDomain
                Bean(EditAccessImpl.java:239)
                at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime.internal.DomainRuntime
                ServiceMBeanImpl$SINGLETON.<init>(DomainRuntimeServiceMBeanImpl.java:76)
                ServiceMBeanImpl$SINGLETON.getInstance(DomainRuntimeServiceMBeanImpl.java:68)
                ServiceMBeanImpl.getDomainConfiguration(DomainRuntimeServiceMBeanImpl.java:132)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
                java:39)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
                sorImpl.java:25)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.modelmbean.WLSModelMBean.getAttribute(WLSMode
                lMBean.java:525)
                at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(De
                faultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:666)
                at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(JmxMBeanServer.ja
                va:638)
                at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime.internal.FederatedMBea
                nServerInterceptor.getAttribute(FederatedMBeanServerInterceptor.java:234)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase$12.
                run(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:324)
                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.get
                Attribute(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:322)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase$12.
                run(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:324)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.get
                Attribute(WLSMBeanServerInterceptorBase.java:322)
                at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.SecurityInterceptor.getAttr
                ibute(SecurityInterceptor.java:298)
                at weblogic.management.mbeanservers.internal.AuthenticatedSubjectInterce
                ptor$5$1.run(AuthenticatedSubjectInterceptor.java:297)
                ptor$5.run(AuthenticatedSubjectInterceptor.java:295)
                at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
                dSubject.java:363)
                ptor.getAttribute(AuthenticatedSubjectInterceptor.java:290)
                at weblogic.management.jmx.mbeanserver.WLSMBeanServer.getAttribute(WLSMB
                eanServer.java:266)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnecti
                onImpl.java:1403)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(RMIConnectio
                nImpl.java:72)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run
                (RMIConnectionImpl.java:1264)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(R
                MIConnectionImpl.java:1366)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getAttribute(RMIConnect
                ionImpl.java:600)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown S
                ource)
                at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:589)
                at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:477)
                at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
                dSubject.java:363)
                at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
                at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.jav
                a:473)
                at weblogic.rmi.internal.wls.WLSExecuteRequest.run(WLSExecuteRequest.jav
                a:118)
                at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
                at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

WLST detected that the DomainRuntimeMBeanServer is not enabled
                or not initialized properly. This might happen if the
                DomainRuntimeMBeanServer is disabled via the JMXMBean. Please
                ensure that this MBeanServer is enabled. Online WLST cannot
                function without this MBeanServer.

Traceback (innermost last):
                File "<console>", line 1, in ?
                File "<iostream>", line 22, in connect
                WLSTException: Error occured while performing connect : "Cannot connect to WLST.
                "The following failures occurred:
                s ambigous;
                - weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBeanImpl@1bdc4eb5([QA10311]/Servers[w
                ebapp1])
                - weblogic.management.configuration.ClusterMBeanImpl@1bdc4eba([QA10311]/Clusters
                [webapp1])
                Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace
                wls:/offline>
                • 5. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
                  the_assface
                  Just a follow up ....in the domain root there is a folder called 'pending' and anything that craps out, doesn't activated,etc... is here. Move it (or delete) to another folder and that will allow console access.
                  • 6. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
                    I just downloaded and installed WebLogic Server and I'm getting the on screen error message:
                    <message>
                    required MBean Server is disabled which prevents the proper operation of the Weblogic Administration Console.
                    Please enable the DomainRuntimeMBean Server and the Edit MBean Server in this domain's configuration.
                    </message>

I've seen some posts about deleting a "pending" folder. I do not have a "pending" folder anywhere that I can find.

Example apps work but !console.

Any other ideas on how to get the console working?
                    • 7. Re: 10.3 Console Will Not Open
                      Jay SenSharma MiddlewareMagic
                      Hi,

I think that the problem is not there with the Domain or the AdminServer...It seems that the Application "webapp1" is causing the issue ... May be it is trying to interact with the JDBC subsystem in an illegal manner ..

I suspect above fro the first stack trace which u have posted ...

<Aug 27, 2009 8:34:19 AM CDT> <Error> <Console> <BEA-240003> <Console encountere
                      d the following error weblogic.descriptor.DescriptorValidateException: The follo
                      wing failures occurred:
                      -- Reference to webapp1 by QA10311/JDBCSystemResourcesdocumentumDS/Targets is ambigous;

1).
                      I think there may be something wrong with the WebApp...Just for testing if it is possible for you to remove the *<app-deployment>* tag from the config.xml file for the respective application and then try to access the Console...

2).
                      Please check in your "*<Domain_Home>/config/jdbc*" Datasource XML file if the DataSource targetting is done properly and there is none <jndi-name></jndi-name> tag is available in any of the DataSource XML file.

Thanks
                      Jay SenSharma
                      http://jaysensharma.wordpress.com (WebLogic Wonders Are Here)

Edited by: Jay SenSharma on Dec 22, 2009 8:40 PM