1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 2, 2009 4:45 PM by damorgan RSS

ORA-00600  [25012], [66] error after reducing temp tablespace

Hi all

Yesterday I tried to reduce my temporary tablespace TEMP using the next steps:
      -CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP2 TEMPFILE 'xxxx.dbf' size 15000M;
      -ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP2;
      -ALTER temporary TABLESPACE TEMP OFFLINE;
      -ALTER DATABASE TEMPFILE 'xxx.dbf' DROP; (with all the tempfiles)

All these steps were succesusful, but when I finished dropping temp tablespace (last step), ORA-00600..[25012], [66], [1], [], [], [], [], [] began to appear every minute.
      All the trc files generated are relationed to the next sentence: DELETE FROM MO_GLOB_ORG_ACCESS_TMP, which is part of the CRM Sales module (package APPS.MO_GLOBAL).

I have read 100073.1 metalink note and I think this is the Bug 5653641, but 'Im not sure about it.

I have verified that db has many offline rollback segments, as bug 5653641 says, with this sentence: select segment_name, status from dba_rollback_segs where status='OFFLINE';

When the users don't use the CRM SALES module, the error doesn't occur and CRM services and database works fine.

I am thinking about two solutions:
      - Reboot the database and CRM services, but I'm not sure about how Oracle will manage the OFFLINE rollback segments.
      - Apply the bug 5653641 workaround, dropping all the offline rollback segments. I'm afraid of dropping rollback segments.

Can anybody help me? This is a production environment.

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: ORA-00600  [25012], [66] error after reducing temp tablespace
          damorgan
          Run this:
          select username, temporary_tablespace
          from dba_users;
          I have hours worth of unkind words for anyone who would do what you did in a production database without first validating their actions in an active test environment. As I do not like using such words in a public forum please stand in front of a mirror and repeat everything you think I would say. Then promise to never, ever, do it again. Thank you. I feel better.