8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 5:15 PM by 986519 RSS

Migrate Reports From V7 to V11

Hi,

I'm trying to redo Hyperion Financial Studio Reports form V7 version.
      As that tool didin't really changed since several years. I want to know if it's possible to directly migrate it to V11 and if yes how ?

Regards
        • 1. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
          JohnGoodwin
          Hi,

Have you tried the Reporting & Analysis migration utility

\Hyperion\products\Foundation\workspace\MigrationUtility\bin\migrator.bat

Documentation is available for it at :- http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/nav/portal_4.htm

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
            Not bad,
            but I think I cannot use it because I'm suposed to use Shared Services on the source server and it's not the case.

Anyway I'm trying to import / export the files one by one. I manage to import a document but not to map the datasource So every time I'm opening the imported file. It displays an exception (invalid datasource or invalid login) so I can't change the datasource. What a pity.

Do you know how to workaround it ?

Regards
            • 3. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
              JohnGoodwin
              I don't think you have to have shared services on the source as it should migrate reports from before shared services even existed, it should just be the target shared services.

If you can't get the migration wizard to work you might have to import the reports manually then go and change the datasource the reports point to in workspace.

Cheers

John
              • 4. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
                I agree but my problem is I can't open reports with the V11 version (see error messages above : invalid datasource).
                So my problem is how can I edit the report ?? Because I can't open it directly in Hyperion Financial reports Studio

Regards
                • 5. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
                  JohnGoodwin
                  Hi,

It may be possible to edit the exported file and search for the original datasource name, try replacing it with a datasource that does exist and works.

Cheers

John
                  • 6. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
                    user605992
                    Hi ,

I gone through the documentation of Migration uitility from v7, but they no where mentioned about the target version list.. Is iit possible to migrate to 11.1.2.2 using this migration utility ...

*.*Dio we need to take the route of V7 TO V9 TO V11? Or we can move directly from V7 TO V11 (We dont have shared services currently with v7).
                    . or Is there any other ways that we can migrate ?? I mean exporting and importing individual objects...but this iroute is more time consuming..

Please let me know your personal experiences...

Thanks all for your time...
                    • 7. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
                      user605992
                      Hi John /Experts,

Can any one face the above issue.

Thanks
                      • 8. Re: Migrate Reports From V7 to V11
                        Hello,

I am using Hyperion v11.1.2.2 and Installed:

Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System Foundation Services
                        Hyperion Interactive Reporting

I managed to start services, I can access workspace.

But when I try to run the "run Migration utility" shortcut exists in all programs under "EPM system" -> "Reporting and Analysis", the file "migrator.bat" does not exist...

Any clue?

Many thanks.

Tiago