3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 6:19 AM by 839780 RSS

Setting properties on a Mediator component & accessing them inside

Lucas Jellema
      As I understand it, we can define properties on components in the composite.xml file. For BPEL components - and I got them to work, using ora:getPreference() to access the property value inside the BPEL process - and I believe for Mediator components too.

Something like:
        <component name="MySpecialMediator">
          <implementation.mediator src="MySpecialMediator.mplan"/>
          <property name="custom.configurationSetting1" >customConfigSetting1</property>
          <property name="mediator.custom.configurationSetting1" >MediatorcustomConfigSetting1</property>
        </component>
      I am not sure what the naming convention is - if any - for properties defined on a Mediator component.

However, what I have not been able to work out is how to retrieve the values from these properties inside the Mediator, for example in Filter Expressions or in Transformations. I suspect that the function mhdr:getProperty('') can be used in transformations at least - and perhaps an expression like $in.properties.... in filter expressions.

Can anyone tell me what the syntax is - the fully classified name for such component level properties inside the Mediator?

thanks a lot for your help.

best regards,

Lucas Jellema