3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2009 2:34 PM by 646395 RSS

Index out of bounds error

When I try to click on an export book name (not the expansion + box but the name itself), I get an error that says:

List Index out of bounds (-1).

The MDM version being used is 9.2.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Why is it happening?

The exports although are still working fine. Any help is much appreciated.

-- Adi
        • 1. Re: Index out of bounds error
          user10700578
          Did you copy the version in which you are trying to open the exports from an existing version and if so, did you delete the hierarchies from this version? Sounds like you are trying to open something that does not exist in the current version you are working. Please remember that EXPORTS, HIERARCHIES, etc are contained within a version. Each version is self contained (analogous to having multiple table spaces of Oracle in the same Oracle instance).

Properties and System preferences are a couple of things that span all versions.
          • 2. Re: Index out of bounds error
            Say you set up an export right, then you decide to blend the version from which your export is setup into a new version......when you try to open the export you might get that kind of an error.
            Just check if your versions / hierarchies from which the exports were setup still exist in their original names.

Other than that, you're on your own homie... :)

deep
            • 3. Re: Index out of bounds error
              Thanks for the responses and yea Deep - I feel like I am on my own here :)

Anyways,

"Did you copy the version in which you are trying to open the exports from an existing version and if so, did you delete the hierarchies from *this* version?"

I don't understand what you mean by this statement. Can you please rephrase it for me?