1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2009 2:32 PM by 75407 RSS

Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - Experiences

* Please note I already have an account with with Pearson VUE (but obviously wrt another Test Program).

* I made VERY sure I have by Prometric ID to hand before starting the process.

* on the first attempt through bigdelboy missed the radio button to say his company was not an oracle partner, it then cleared by Oracle Testind ID(Prometric ID) field that I entered so I entered it. It then got me to confirm it on a different page.

* I then got the following response:
      Testing Programme Information

Your request to add Oracle Certification Program has been forwarded to our Testing Programme team. If you provided a valid email address, we will notify you when your request has been processed. This typically occurs within one business day. You can also return to this site and check if Oracle Certification Program has been added to your list of Testing Programmes.

Thank you for your interest in Oracle Certification Program!
      I did this about 14th September 2009 13:30 BST.

I'll update the thread as things progress .....

- Key points are:
      (0) If one is registering with Pearson VUE for the first time then remember your registration details.
      (1) Ensure one has one's old Prometric ID to hand (and never publish it on the web - or disclose it to anyone).
      (2) There may be a delay adding the Oracle Testing Programme to one's Profile; and one cant schedule exams until this completes.
      -- I could imagine there may be a delay with this happening over the next few weeks,

(3) Somehow I'd feel nervous about doing this if I still had to complete a Promteric Exam, or had completed a Prometric exam in the last few days.
      (4) My Pearon VUE and Prometric email addresses match .... this may help my cause.

Please note this is progressing well so far ... I am really just sharing experience from my viewpont

Edited by: bigdelboy on 14-Sep-2009 08:21 - Well I've left it 3 hours and tried to Loin to Pearson Vue for Oracle and it says:
      Before you can continue, your account needs to be updated. Please go to add Testing Programme  to add Oracle Certification Program to your profile.

Which is the same info I entered before so I've not bothered to re-enter it. I will try again a while later.

PS: - As an aside I noticed this .... [http://www.pearsonvue.com/about/release/09_09_01_oracle.asp] ... so my mugshot and scrawling will be captured.

Edited by: bigdelboy on 19-Sep-2009 23:09 (Title change from bigdelboy experiences to experiences as others have contributed significantly)
        • 1. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
          Okay - after about 8 hours from my original submission I've checked back and I'm now able to view what oracle exams I can take and it looks as if I can schedule them

(I have to choose a link entitled proctored to go through to this.

I cant say if eveyone will get this delay before they do this , or whether this delay will increase (there may be a high workload), or it may be related to business days in the American Timezone.

Anyway after the good news when i started through the process to schedule an exam it was not offering them at my local Prometric Centres a bit north of Portcreek, off of Fareham Creek and other one I use near the Giddy Bridge.

However it delighted you me to go 60 miles up to finsbury circus and the closest given is Wokingham.

Okay - I've rechecked this on [http://www.pearsonvue.com/Oracle/locate/] .... test centers that were previously shown from this link are now no longer appearing.

This is serious ... I'm branching off and raising a separate post specifically on this point. Number of Pearson VUE Centres offering Oracle Exams in UK reduced!

Well that's my experience so far ....

Edited by: bigdelboy on 19-Sep-2009 23:08 (minor typos only)
          • 2. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
            My experience:
            i have an account in VUE wich was created many years ago. I do not remember a password for this account and pleased to reset it. Because i could not remember a nickname for an account i have ordered resetting password for accounts like xxxx1 xxxx2 xxx3. Two days later i have received a link for password resetting.
            Password must be very strong: 7 letters, digits, upper-lowercase. Of course, i will forgot such password quickly.
            After password resetting VUE forced me to enter two "security questions" like "who is your favorite actor, artist, athlete", "what is your first toy animal". I'm not a homosexual to have an favorite athlete, i'm not a girl to had animal toys. There was no standard question like "your mothers' maiden name" or ability to enter my question.
            I have entered something and at the last step i have received an error:
            "A program error occurred
            09/15/2009 00:38:33.948 : www9.pearsonvue.com"
            Anyway, i have logged on with a new password from the start page. In the test history i have found one Novell test wich i did not take.
            Security of VUE system too strong to work with such system. :)
            • 3. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
              ☺ wrote:
              My experience:
              i have an account in VUE wich was created many years ago. I do not remember a password for this account and pleased to reset it. Because i could not remember a nickname for an account i have ordered resetting password for accounts like xxxx1 xxxx2 xxx3. Two days later i have received a link for password resetting.
              Password must be very strong: 7 letters, digits, upper-lowercase. Of course, i will forgot such password quickly.
              After password resetting VUE forced me to enter two "security questions" like "who is your favorite actor, artist, athlete", "what is your first toy animal". I'm not a homosexual to have an favorite athlete, i'm not a girl to had animal toys. There was no standard question like "your mothers' maiden name".
              I have entered something and at the last step i have received an error:
              "A program error occurred
              09/15/2009 00:38:38.943 : www9.pearsonvue.com"
              Security of VUE system too strong to work with such system. :)
              Dear ☺

On your post 3749432 which has subsequently been removed you advocated a Test Dump Provider.

On other posts you have been biased against a move to Pearons VUE.

I personally am concerned about your need to bring sexual references which are in essence innocent questions.

Your credibility, in my opinion, is therefore somewhat diminished.

I suppose you may have acquire a chip on your shoulder with regard to this move, this can happen to be sometimes also.

HOWEVER:

We may take from this registrants to Pearson VUE should be prepared to give:
              A unique username:
              A strong Password they can remember:
              Be prepared to choose and answer some security questions THAT YOU CAN REMEMBER

Rgds - bigdelboy
              • 4. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
                Just to point out this setup attmept was soon after release. I believe the transition FAQ has been updated with the experience one should expect and is more authorative.
                [http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=312]
                • 5. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
                  I have checked location of Oracle Test centers close to me again and one much closer (near Giddy Bridge) - where I have take Oracle Exams before, has now (re)appeared as a Pearson VUE Oracle Test Centre. So I am much happier about that.
                  I'm not actually ready to book a cert. exam at the moment, and I'm hoping one of the Test Centres really close to me come good for Oracle Testing.
                  • 6. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
                    Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                    A note on test centers: We expect to add more centers as we go. Some centers were not showing as available on the day that our exams went live on Pearson VUE because there was still testing being done. If centers close to you were not showing up when you checked, please check again. We also plan to continue to add centers through the coming months.

Pearson VUE is very strict on security and will ensure that all centers meet Pearson's and Oracle's standards.

Regards,
                    Brandye Barrington
                    Certification Forum Moderator
                    Certification Program Manager
                    • 7. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experience
                      Thanks Brandye for this and other answers.

Some of the things (delays) I brought up at the start of this thread were possibly attributable to first day and others I notice are covered in FAQs and/or transition FAQs. I now have at least adequate access set of Test Centres reasonably close so I shall close thread as answered.

Experience has been OK for me.
                      • 8. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experienc
                        RakeshTripathi
                        Hello,

To put forward my experience of registering with Pearson VUE, it has not been satisfying.

I have not been able to register for a new web account with Pearson VUE as the form does not accept Prometric Testing ID as Oracle Candidate ID. I've contacted Pearson through the website, however, have not had any response as yet, after about 6 days.

bigdelboy - I understand you already had an account. Can we have the experience of individuals who did not have any account and are registering de novo ?

Regards,
                        Rakesh Tripathi
                        • 9. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experienc
                          RakeshTripathi
                          For anyone else facing issues with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification web account registrations -

Oracle advises to contact Pearson VUE on the mailbox itpc@pearson.com. (Ref : [http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/08/0134.html] )

Regards,
                          Rakesh Tripathi
                          • 10. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - bigdelboy Experienc
                            Hans Forbrich
                            Started my process today - new user to VUE. We will see what happens.

Obviously neither VUE nor Prometric seem to use their own web sites. Basic usability is less than streamlined and less than obvious. I suspect they should offer courses and certifications for "Users of Exam Provider Web Sites". (I wonder whether there are 'web usability' courses and certifications that could be offered to the web site maintainers?)

Objective: Create my account, but not schedule an exam.
                            Choice: Go to http://www.vue.com - I want to create an account, closest button is perhaps 'Sign In'? Click on it.

Observation: Greeted with "What type of test have you taken in the past?" and a cluttered cascading list-of-values screen
                            (I'm not interested in taking a test yet - want to create an account!)
                            Choice: Select IT / Oracle

Observation: Greeted with 'Oracle Certification Testing - Schedule an Exam" page. There is no 'create account' button on the 'Activity' page.
                            Choice: Select 'My Account' ... perhaps that will have a 'create' step.

Observation: Greeted with "What type of exam are you wishing to change?" .. still no 'create account' link
                            Choice: Select 'Proctored' exam (only link available other than same buttons from prev page that didn't appeal last time.)

Observation: Greeted with "Sign In" page, with a link for First time users to 'create a new web account'
                            Choice: Select that link

Observation: Form to fill in, including 'Oracle Candidate ID'
                            Choice: Fill in the blanks, assume Prometric ID is Oracle Candidate ID, click Next

Observation: 'Web Account will be emailed within 24 hours'
                            Choice: we wait

:-)

Edited by: Hans Forbrich on Sep 21, 2009 8:01 PM Observation: 46.5 hours and waiting
                            • 11. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - Experiences
                              Thanx Hans - I think your experience is a useful contribution. I am reasonably used to the quirks of both the Prometric and Pearson VUE websites since a while ago so I'm fairly immune to their websites, but I think what appears to be your considered observations on the Pearson VUE website and process on it with regard to Oracle is useful so say the least (and I'd agree with your comments). I started thread this more or less after I was into my registration process .... and perhaps felt the process might be less than comfortable for the unprepared.

Rakesh .. interesting to know your experience as well and good luck with it. I haven't replied as I don't really have any suggestions, and I didnt want to have last post on the thread to encourage others to answer. I have wondered if perhaps you had a first attempt that failed but left you in a form of half registered preventing you registering again. There is certainly a delay of 8 to 72 hours while Oracle checks the Oracle Testing Id. Thanks also for the referencing for Pearson VUE email for reporting problems. (It deserves a helpful but I've only got one left to give out! (and if Hans' registration is successful it would probably seem sensible to mark his as correct)).

I've changed part of the title of thread from bigdelboy experiences to experiences as this is more than just me here now. ( Interesting this thread only got going after I marked it as answered! )
                              • 12. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - Experiences
                                RakeshTripathi
                                Bigdelboy - Thanks for your update.

I tried with registering and hit the error in the mid-way in the first go. I don't tend to think that inability of VUE to accept Prometric Testing ID is a result of a hung/stale transaction against my id. There is another individual who's posted on the Certification Blog below my post, who has also experienced this issue.

In the absence of having any response from Pearson as yet, my presumption is that not all IDs have been possibly "migrated" from Prometric to VUE databases. However, I would expect this to happen for multiple users. Possibly, many may have hit this issue which has not been reported OR not many have attempted to register for a VUE account as yet. I could have registered a new ID, however, I am in the midst of 11g OCA Certification, and have a pervious examination against my Prometric ID, which renders this option unusable.

Keeping fingers crossed. ?:|

Rakesh
                                • 13. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - Experiences
                                  I think I see your oracle blog comment here [http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/08/0134.html]. I think the person you refered to (Sumit) simply needed confirmation that the Oracle Testing ID he needed to enter was the Prometric ID he previously had. I think Pearson are reasonably good at replying to people, though I can imagine at present they are very busy with the transition and they may be overrun with queries. Its also the weekend and probably they are minimally staffed at present.

Interestingly I never actually received a successful confirmation email from VUE, though returning to the site indicated I that the Oracle Testing Programme was added to my Pearons VUE Testing Programmes list; so I have assumed they have my records all matched up.

Only a couple of other things I can think of to say:
                                  - Were your details (contact details, email address consistent between what you registered with Prometric and what was registered with Pearson VUE? if there were anything inconsistent I speculate this might be a delaying factor.
                                  - Have you online-only exams registered with Prometric or was the exam taken only recently ... sometimes this seems to be causes of issues with Prometric IDs.

Anyway I think Hans is tracking his registeration carefully so his experience will be interesting.
                                  • 14. Re: Registering with Pearson VUE Oracle Certification - Experiences
                                    Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                                    Rakesh,
                                    I have emailed you at the email address you provided with your blog posting. Please provide more detail via email as yours does not seem to be a common issue.

Thanks,
                                    Brandye Barrington
                                    Certification Forum Moderator
                                    Certification Program Manager
                                    1 2 Previous Next