1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2011 7:09 AM by 869769 RSS

PL/SQL Interview Questions

Can any one help me in providing the Interview questions (with answers) for PL/SQL Developer Job.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
          Hi try this

[http://www.coolinterview.com/type.asp?iType=61]
          • 2. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
            _Karthick_
            Nishant Desai wrote:
            Can any one help me in providing the Interview questions (with answers) for PL/SQL Developer Job.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
            I don't know what you mean by Interview questions. Do you mean the possible questions that can be asked in an interview for the position of PL/SQL developer?

In that case that can vary widely based on the kind of position they are looking for and also based on the kind of experiance the candidate posses.

I can't ask the same question to a Fresh graduate and to a person with 5+ years of experiance in the field, correct?

When interviewing a fresh graduate we wont even asking question related to PL/SQL. We will be more interested in testing his aptitude.

For experienced person the nature of question differs based on the number of years he puts in his resume as experiance. And guess what if some one comes to an interview by just reading 100 odd interview questions then a smart interviewer can nail him down easily.
            • 3. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
              What you say If I want the questions to be in the range of 0-3 years exp.

Edited by: Nishant Desai on Sep 17, 2009 2:41 AM
              • 4. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                Did you went through the URL i posted earlier, you may even try

[www.braindumpcentral.com]
                • 5. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                  _Karthick_
                  Nishant Desai wrote:
                  What you say If I want the questions to be in the range of 0-3 years exp.

Edited by: Nishant Desai on Sep 17, 2009 2:41 AM
                  0 - Means no experiance
                  3 - Means 3 years of experiance in something.

They both are entirely different.

You didn't get the point. In any case don't attend an interview by just preparing few questions a night before an interview.

Knowledge is gained over a period of time and not overnight. That knowledge is tested in the interview. If you think you can fake that knowledge by reading some questions then think again, you could get caught.

If you say you have 3 years of experiance then you should have gained some knowledge in your field during these years. So thats what the interviewer is going to expect from you and also test you.
                  • 6. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                    Thanks for your reply.

The basic reason behind asking the interview questions was to revise the whole think in a quicker manner. Also this type of questions give some idea how the questions can be asked in an interview.

I need the questions for 3 years exp.
                    and I need it very urgently.

If you can provide....it will be of great help.
                    • 7. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                      _Karthick_
                      Ok taking into consideration that you are a PL/SQL developer with 3 years experience in development i will ask the following questions if i have to interview you.

1. I will give you a piece of paper and ask you to draw a simple diagram showing the overall architecture of oracle database.

-- If you give a satisfying answer i will proceed with the below questions. If you say you don't know i will stop the interview. If you give a wrong answer or partially correct answer then i will drill you in that.

Now hoping you gave a correct answer the next question would be.

2. What are the steps involved in the execution of a SQL Statement.

Once you answer that i will ask some more questing related to that

-- a. What is a bind variable.
                      -- b. What is hard parse and soft parse.
                      -- c. What is an execution plan.

-- Again the questions that i further ask may vary based on how you answer this.

Assuming you gave very satisfying answer this would be my next question.

3. I have a table T with 3 integer column. I perform an insert statement into it like this in my code.

insert into t values (1, 2, 3) 
                      what possible defects you find in the above insert statement.

4. Considering the employee table in scott schema write a single query that will fetch the following

1. employee no.
                      2. Number of employee in each department.
                      3. Total number of employee in the organization.
                      4. Maximum salary paid in each department.

Ok once you are through with this, this would be my next question.

4. If i give you a query and say its not performing well, then how will you approach this problem.
                      -- This is more of a generic question so i would expect more interaction from your side. So there could be some additional questions i could ask based on your answer.

Once you answer these question i could judge to an extend how much knowledge you carry in Oracle concepts and SQL language. So based on that i would decide if i have to go further or not or should i ask you more questions in SQL or can i move on with PL/SQL questions.
                      • 8. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                        Boneist
                        Oh dear; I think I may fail your interview at the first question! {noformat}*laughs*{noformat}
                        • 9. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                          YLN
                          to inter into interview body,boundry question is very tough.
                          I may fail in your interview.
                          • 10. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                            Thanks once again....
                            This will help me a lot.
                            • 11. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                              Dom Brooks
                              I prefer a more verbal approach along the lines of
                              - Tell me about you & Oracle (versions, features, most/least favourite features, tell me/show me how Oracle works)
                              - Who do you read/follow in the community / What do you do when you get stuck?
                              - Describe approaches to successful & performant SQL & PLSQL development
                              - Tell me about approaches to successful table design
                              - Performance problems. What are you looking for? How?
                              - Specific experiences with XML, collections, analytics depending on what's required with examples.
                              • 12. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                                YLN
                                okay,I will ask also plus

1.difference between function ,procedure and package.
                                2.difference between delete and truncate.
                                3.select * from mp where rownum =3.
                                If he/she replies no data found ,I will ask – why.
                                4.define the structure of ROWID,
                                5.there is 3 procedure p1,p2,p3 – I will calling p2 in p1 and p3 in p2
                                and exception handled only in p2 ,what would be happened if p3 raise the exception,where control will move.
                                6. there is 2 query ,I execute first and then second
                                sql1>select * from emp where ename = 'JOHN';
                                sql2>select * from emp where ename = 'KATE';

while running second sql,will it reuse the execution plan generate by first sql ?
                                7.I wll ask explanation of “low level trigger” and “statement Level trigger”
                                and them give me a real-application example of “row level trigger” and “statement Level trigger”
                                where you will these 2 trigger.
                                • 13. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                                  This conversation is really going interesting now :-)
                                  • 14. Re: PL/SQL Interview Questions
                                    Hi,

You can also see this link

http://pl-sql-interviewquestions.blogspot.com/search/label/Oracle%20SQL%20%2F%20PL%20SQL%20Interview%20I

REgards Salim.
                                    1 2 Previous Next