3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 10:29 AM by gdarling - oracle RSS

keep connection open with oo4o

hello everyone ,
      My dba keeps telling me that i open to many connection to the database using 0040. what i would like to know if there is a way i can just open one connection and keep that connection open at all times?... is this possible.
      Your response would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: keep connection open with oo4o
          gdarling - oracle

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. If you want to open only a single connection and use only that connection, you'll have to do that in your code.

What is your DBA complaining about exactly though? Do you accumulate sessions, is that why he/she is concerned? You have idle sessions not being used? How many sessions? etc.

I'd check to make sure your code is cleaning up properly, and use connection pooling if you're not already.

Hope it helps,
          • 2. Re: keep connection open with oo4o
            Well i have an applicationt that connects and disconnect about 2400 times a day. I tried to ask about connection pooling here but i didnt get any response I think this can help me but i dont quite understand what is doing. i end my sessions and my connections everytime the application is done processing but he suggested I just stay connected and use that connection for everytime my app runs.
            I hope i make sense.
            • 3. Re: keep connection open with oo4o
              gdarling - oracle

Here's the docs on connection pooling:

You should also find samples on your hard drive in

Hope it helps,