3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2009 6:23 AM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

PR Approval Notification to Buyer

Hello,

We have a setup where the Requester & Buyer are two different resources. What I am trying to understand is something that currently does not exist on the system which is that when a Purchase Requisition gets approved can the buyer get a notification either by email or by having the PR available in his workbench pending his action to created a RFQ.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: PR Approval Notification to Buyer
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          An approved requisition will be available on the Workbench for buyers. Make sure that the buyers use the right find criteria.
          e.g. If the buyer name is filled in on the Find screen, then the reqs. with Buyer = null won't show up.
          Hope this answers your question

Sandeep Gandhi
          Independent Consultant
          513-325-9026
          • 2. Re: PR Approval Notification to Buyer
            Hi Sandeep,

Actually the buyer is able to see the PR on his login. What I was wanting to know is if the system can be setup to

1. Once a Purchase Requisition has been approved, can an email notification be sent to a buyer in that OU stating that the particular PR has been approved and is available for processing.

OR

2. If that is not possible can this PR be populated in the buyer's Open Notifications for processing.

Currently the requester needs to manually inform the buyer that the PR has been approved is available for processing. To mitigate human intervention and possibilities of errors; I would like the system to notify the buyer automatically.

Thanks!
            • 3. Re: PR Approval Notification to Buyer
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              In my experience, opening the Auto-create workbench is part of buyer's daily routine. And the buyer takes care of all reqs. that show up there. Sending him/her an email for every req. created is not worth it. The email(s) convey no actionable information for the buyers. The buyers will soon get tired of clicking OK to scroll thru' the notifications. They will ask you to automate the process of clicking OK.

Inspite of this, if they have to have a notificaiton, you will need a small customization to the Requisition approval workflow and add a step to send notificaiton. The notification will show up in the buyer's inbox.

Hope this answers your question
              Sandeep Gandhi
              Independent Consultant
              513-325-9026