5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 2:23 PM by 646404

How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?

Hi Friends,

1) I would like to know the integeration process from sales order to Service Contract and then with Install Base.
      2) I couldn't see anything enabled in Service Tab in Order Lines, its grayed out. Is there any set up/profile option to get it enabled?
      3) How can we create AR invoice from Service Contract?

Please let me know if anyone has idea on this.

Thanks in Adavance,
      Vara
        • 1. Re: How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?
          1) If your question is related to "service" item being keyed in OM then... You will have to key in the service item just like any regular line in OM. For service line u will have to specify details in service tab. Then you will have to book the order in OM. When the order line that service item is covering is "fulfilled" you will have an install base instance created for the covered item and service. You will then need to run service contract order capture cocurrent program which will create a contract in OKS.

2) a) Check if service contract module is installed
          b) Check if the item you are entering in OM is setup properly in inventory as service item. If the item is not set in inventory as a service item then you won't have service tab enabled when you enter it in OM. Refer installation / user guide to see how service items are setup in inventory.

3) Out of the box behavior is -- if you are entering services in OM then invoice records will be created from OM. If you are entering services in OKS then invoice records will be created from OM

Hope this helps!

Thanks
          Sid.
          • 2. Re: How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?
            Dear Sid,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have one doubt over the 3rd point.

I have created a Service Contract through Order Management, now I want to create Billing for that Service Contract in Receivables Modules, Please suggest me how can I do this?

And also, I am getting an error message as "Referenced Product not present in the Installed Base" after running "Service Contracts Order Capture Integration Program".
            How can I check this?
            fyi.. With the same item and customer details there are some previous contracts existed in Service Contracts Module. I just copied from the existing Order and then ran the program.

Your response would highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
            Vara
            • 3. Re: How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?
              Hi Vara

<I have created a Service Contract through Order Management, now I want to create Billing for that Service Contract in Receivables Modules, Please suggest me how can I do this?>
              When you enter services in OM, billing will follow the same flow as any other item sold with that "order line type". Does the service line shows as "closed" in OM? Did you run workflow background Engine? Check if the Autoinvoice batch program ran without any error.

If yes then check if you are getting records in AR. Login as Receivables manager -> click on transactions -> transactions -> query the transaction here. If records doesn't appear here then check the interface lines. "Control"->"Autoinvoice"->interface lines

If your question is "how you can do flexible billing in OM (like we do in OKS)... then please beware that you cannot take advantage of flexible billing in OM out-of-the-box"

For the error msg that you are getting refer metalink Doc ID: 549160.1

Thanks
              Sid.
              • 4. Re: How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?
                Dear Sid,

Thanks for your promt response.

Let me explain you what I did.

1) I have booked a Bill Only sales order which has one order line, mentioned it as Service Item and provided the same details in Service Tab in Order lines. Now Line status is "Fulfilled"
                2) Then Submitted Workflow Back Ground Process for OM Order Lines and it has created an AR Invoice and closed the line
                3) And then submitted "Service Contracts Order Capture Integration Program" from SErvice Contracts Responsibility and it completed normal.
                4) Now I went in to Launch Contracts Window and queried with the sales order but couldn't see any contract created
                5) Then I went in to Reprocess Order Window and found this order shows an error message as "Referenced Product not present in the Installed Base", then I tried to reprocessed it, but the same error message again.

Here I have few doubts:

1) Are the AR invoice and Service Contract Billing Invoices same?
                2) In above scenario AR Invoice has been created, I would like to do the billing from SErvice Contracts and need to create an Invoice in AR? how can I do that?
                because as you explained in one of my questions earlier, A Single Invoice can be created for the whole duration of the contract. I want to do that and trying for the same.

3) Regarding the above error message, how can I resolve it and create the service contract against that Order?

Thank you so much for your helpful answers.

Regards,
                Vara
                • 5. Re: How to link Sales Order with Service Contract and then with Install Base?
                  Hi Vara

1) Invoices are always created in AR. OKS / OM and other modules just integrate with AR to generate Invoices. So in your case as you are saying invoice is already generated for the bill only order you cannot create an invoice for the same order from any other module. That is why we mentioned in the previous post that "if you are selling service in OM invoicing will be driven from OM. And if you are creating contract in OKS then invoicing will be driven from OKS". Still no matter where you sell the contract from the invoicing details always go to AR module. And invoices are generated in AR.

If your requirement is to sell the services from OM but bill / invoice it in Service Contract module, then this is not possible out-of-the-box. If it is really necessary then the only way is to go for customization.

3) The error message suggests your Installbase instance is missing some setup. Just follow DOC Id: 549160.1 at metalink.oracle.com. It will explain what the error message is and will provide the solution. You will need to check Install Parameters are set / frozen in Install Base module.