5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2009 6:17 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Modules in EBS R12

Hi hussein,

I am confused on what modules to select during a "fresh" install PROD instance for testing only. I want to "catch" all so that I wont miss any.
      As what I have understood, all modules in EBS are loaded by default (all schema, tables, objects, etc) because the oracle apps are inter-related. It means one module can not run without the others. If you select "one" , it will still load "all" ? am I right?
      For example, If I need GL and AP modules only, when I run rapidwiz there no specific "check box" for each. My point is, if I choose "Financials" modules only, still
      all the schema/tables or "HR" , "INV", etc are also created right? So for fresh install, the space requirement is the same even if you choose only one (1) module
      or more.

For testing purposes only, I want to select all modules for a fresh install PROD. Is there a one click to to it? Is it the suite licensing as default all?

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: Modules in EBS R12
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

During the installation, Rapid Install automatically installs all products, country-specific functionalities (localized products), and required shared products in
          the database and in the file system, regardless of license status. Licensed products are those specified in your licensing agreement with Oracle (you can license any product later through OAM).

However, you must indicate on the Rapid Install wizard screens which products and country-specific functionalities you have licensed to register them as being active in your system. This active flag is important during any patching and other system-wide maintenance tasks that are performed after the initial installation or upgrade.
          For testing purposes only, I want to select all modules for a fresh install PROD. Is there a one click to to it? Is it the suite licensing as default all?
          You can register products using either the Suite license model or the Component license model. For financial modues, I believe there is an option for it under "Suite license".

More details about the two options can be found in the installation manual.

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Modules in EBS R12
            Thanks hussein,

What happens if I installed "accidentally" the module which is not licensed? say I installed active the "HR" module, while our license is for "Financials" only?
            • 3. Re: Modules in EBS R12
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,

You will have to reinstall again (or, log a SR and see if Oracle support has any workaround solution to deregister the module(s)).

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Modules in EBS R12
                Well maybe I just wont tell anybody about :D

Hussein, is there a metalink note that print/show all the modules "as is" what is shown in the rapidwiz installer?
                I just want to verify the list to the functional people what modules to select. I can not print the rapidwiz "screen" bacause it in linux.

Thanks a lot
                • 5. Re: Modules in EBS R12
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi,
                  Hussein, is there a metalink note that print/show all the modules "as is" what is shown in the rapidwiz installer?
                  I just want to verify the list to the functional people what modules to select. I can not print the rapidwiz "screen" bacause it in linux.
                  AFAIK, there is no such a document. You may get the list of selected modules from the configuration file after selecting all modules and click next -- See (Note: 308930.1 - Rapidwiz Does Full Installation Of Products Not Selected Through Component Licensing Screen).

Regards,
                  Hussein