8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2009 4:26 AM by Kamran Agayev A. RSS

    download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux

    shahid_ahmed_patel
      hi,

      I have installed VM WARE on my laptop now want to download linux ISO and Oracle ISO.

      could you please tell me whcih linux version i have to install which support oracle for linux.

      from where i get that

      -linux installation files
      -oracle installation files

      both the above will install on oracle vm ware
      thanks

      Edited by: hard_stone on Sep 30, 2009 11:33 PM
        • 1. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
          Kamran Agayev A.
          hard_stone wrote:
          hi,

          I have installed VM WARE on my laptop now want to download linux ISO and Oracle ISO.

          could you please tell me whcih linux version i have to install which support oracle for linux.

          from where i get that

          -linux installation files
          -oracle installation files

          both the above will install on oracle vm ware
          thanks

          Edited by: hard_stone on Sep 30, 2009 11:33 PM
          Download Oracle 10g/11g from - http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/index.html
          As a linux OS, you can download CentOS from - http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386/ (But for now, it seems to be down for me, cann't open the page)

          Moreover, you can refer to my Step by Step guides to learn how to install Vmware, Centos and Oracle
          http://kamranagayev.wordpress.com/step-by-step-oracle-guides/

          Good Luck
          • 2. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
            shahid_ahmed_patel
            thanks karman,

            can you tell me cnetos5 is any version of linux or what...
            what is redhat linux ...???

            is there any difference..

            please cleafy me difference between cnet OS 5 , linux and redhat linux..

            i never use linux but i listen and see some time that we have to write COMMANDS for linux..
            but in your blog its look like windows ...



            thanks again.
            • 3. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
              Kamran Agayev A.
              hard_stone wrote:
              thanks karman,

              can you tell me cnetos5 is any version of linux or what...
              what is redhat linux ...???

              is there any difference..

              please cleafy me difference between cnet OS 5 , linux and redhat linux..

              i never use linux but i listen and see some time that we have to write COMMANDS for linux..
              but in your blog its look like windows ...



              thanks again.
              Please refer to the following links:

              http://centos.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=2
              http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-enterprise-47/difference-between-centos-5.2-and-rhel-5.2-693094/
              http://kamranagayev.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/linux-commands-for-oracle-dba/
              • 5. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
                Kamran Agayev A.
                hard_stone wrote:
                thanks dear..
                You're welcome!
                • 6. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
                  Hans Forbrich
                  hard_stone wrote:
                  hi,

                  I have installed VM WARE on my laptop now want to download linux ISO and Oracle ISO.
                  Red Hat, Centos and Oracle Enterprise Linux are almost identical. The major differences are:

                  - Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux are officially supported by Oracle to be used under Oracle products;
                  - CentOS is NOT officially supported
                  - the newer Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) includes an 'oracle-validate' rpm to reduce configuration guessing

                  Each Distro has it's purpose. I use SUSE and OpenSUSE for my office. And for general servers I use RedHat (when I need commercial support) and CentOS. I fully support CentOS and the CentOS community effort.

                  However, for the past year I have ONLY used Oracle Enteprise Linux under Oracle product. It is free, it is officially supported, if I need commercial support I can get it, and it has the Oracle Validated RPM to minimize my config effort. http://edelivery.oracle.com

                  So, as compared to the other respondent - I encourage using OEL and NOT CentOS.
                  • 7. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
                    shahid_ahmed_patel
                    can u give me the link for that to download.
                    cnet OS is good but i also want to use oracle enterprise linux or Red hat Linux

                    thanks
                    • 8. Re: download oracle 11g/10g for red hat linux
                      Kamran Agayev A.
                      hard_stone wrote:
                      can u give me the link for that to download.
                      cnet OS is good but i also want to use oracle enterprise linux or Red hat Linux

                      thanks
                      Yes I can

                      http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux