8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 1:00 PM by 643952

Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s

We are using 12.0.6

We have 7 inventory ORGs

We are feeding data since nov-08 and none of the Periods are closed yet

Some ORGs have a very high number of uncosted transactions while some have none

I dont understand why

And secondly If i want to remove these transactions from pending status, how would i do that and make them costed so the pending number goes to zero

Please advice

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
          Hi,

can you please confirm that your cost manager is active?
          if it is indeed active, on the Pending Transactions window (in Inventory Accounting Period window, click the Pending button), highlight the uncosted transactions number, and click on Open.
          note the error code of each transactions, if available.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
            Gerry Tunggadjaya wrote:
            can you please confirm that your cost manager is active?
            there are 170,000 transactions in mtl_material_transactions and only 15000 have a Costed_flag=N

Cost manager is active
            if it is indeed active, on the Pending Transactions window (in Inventory Accounting Period window, click the Pending button), highlight the uncosted transactions number, and click on Open.
            note the error code of each transactions, if available.
            I opened them but error code cloumn is black for all these transactions, error explanation is alo null for all of these
            • 3. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
              Cost manager works per Inventory Organization, and it will not process any transasctions if even only one line is in an Error status.
              Therefore, from all of the pending transactions, there should be at least one line in error for each IO.
              please run the query below, and find the error code and transaction id:
              select * from mtl_material_transactions where costed_flag = 'E'
              • 4. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
                Gerry Tunggadjaya wrote:
                Cost manager works per Inventory Organization, and it will not process any transasctions if even only one line is in an Error status.
                I jus activated it once and it processes transactions from all orgs, whats the catch here
                Therefore, from all of the pending transactions, there should be at least one line in error for each IO.
                please run the query below, and find the error code and transaction id:
                select * from mtl_material_transactions where costed_flag = 'E'
                there are four transactions with E in costed_flag

two lines belong to an ORG and other two lines belong to another ORG

and only these two ORGS are having problems with their transactions not being costed..

what to do now
                • 5. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
                  Yes, you only need to activate it once, but watch how it spawned one cost worker for each inventory org to process the transactions.

you need to note the error codes from those four transactions. there are many possibility that can cause errors
                  • 6. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
                    i told u that two lines that was showing costed_flag as E belong to same ORG.
                    those two lines in material transactions show the value of 'No error' in Error column
                    the transaction type for them is residual quantity issue, we dont use this transaction type, i dont know how it came there..but for all residual quantity issue/receipt, the quantity is zero and secondary quantity is 0.0001

the other two lines belong to a different ORG
                    they both show this error
                    CST_INVALID_ACCT_ALIAS

now what to do to resolve this problem so than rest of the 15000 transactions can get costed..please advice
                    • 7. Re: Pending Transactions in Inventory Accounting Periods for some ORG`s
                      see if any of these document helps

for the CST_INVALID_ACCT_ALIAS, it is best to ask for a datafix from Oracle Metalink.
                      you should find helpful information in metalink ID 428403.1 and a probable solution in 726934.1

If the Error Code shows "No Error", is the Error Explanation also suggest the same? (in several cases, Error Code says No error / null, but the Error Explanation shows the error)