This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2010 4:21 AM by santhosh jose RSS

SIT and DFF and EIT

681598 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all ....

what is the diffrence between SIT , DFF , EIT ? how i can determine when i will use each of them ?

Please help.

Regards;
  • 1. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    661708 Newbie
    Hello,

SIT--> Special Information Type
    1. This is a KFF
    2. This field is date tracked
    2. This is value added in this field is available through out the Business group

EIT--> Extra Information Type
    1. This is a DFF field
    2. This Field is not date tracked
    3. This Field can e restricted and Responsibility level it is more secure than SIT

DFF is Descriptive Flex Field and KFF is Key Flex Field

Thanks,
    Nitin Singh
  • 2. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    681598 Newbie
    thanks alot
  • 3. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    751138 Newbie
    thanks a lot Nitin.

Could you please elaborate the point, which you mention like EIT is more secure and how we can Restrict the same at Responsibility level.

Navin
  • 4. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    661708 Newbie
    Hi Navin,

EIT is added at responsibility level and SIT is added at Business group Level here is one eg: Say like there is a company which has offices in 2 countries. Take india and china Now I want some values which are local to india has no relevance to China. In that case i will put them as a EIT and add to the responsibility which India can access now china cant see those values at all as they have a different responsibility. On the other hand if there are some value which are common to both india and china I will add it as a SIT it will be shown in both responsibility.

Hope this clears your doubt

Thanks,
    Nitin Singh
  • 5. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    Vinayaka Prabhu Pro
    To add to this,

if you want information date-tracked, SIT is a better option. EITs are inherently non-date tracked though we can enforce a date-track by creating two segments for start and end dates.
  • 6. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    745609 Newbie
    When you use a DFF, e.g. for a person, you cannot enter multiple rows. But this is possible for EITs and SITs.

If you want to enter a passport number for a person, you can use a DFF (one field passport number). But if you want to enter multiple passport numbers for one person, you could use an EIT (maybe a field nationality, passport number, date from, date to).

SITs are datetracked. But for EITs you can also add fields like "valid from" and "valid to". That would mean that you have something like datetracking also for an EIT. But the big difference is, that in the forms, the SIT will be orderd descending by the date "valid from". I didn't succeed in ordering an EIT.
  • 7. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    debojyoty368886 Newbie
    Just wanted to add to the replies above.

The EIT can be configured as single row or multiple rows during the setup whereas the SIT cannot. So in case you want to maintain a single row of information (for example sexual orientation) EIT might be better suited.

-Debojyoty
  • 8. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    santhosh jose Journeyer
    I think the main difference between EIT and SIT is being overlooked here - which is the way in which they are stored.

SITs being a key flexfield has a table that stores a flex reference number and then another table that stores the segment details.

Whereas in EITs only one table is invloved.

Furthermore, regarding restrcition of EITs and SITs, you can restrict SITs to specific responsibilities using CustomForm option.

Regards,
    Santhosh Jose
  • 9. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    user11995006 Newbie
    Hi,

Request you to elaborate on the CustomForm option.

Thanks & Regards,
    Supriya
  • 10. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    santhosh jose Journeyer
    In the SuperHRMS responiblity, under the Security menu, you have a couple of functions such as Task Flow, Task Nodes, Custom Form etc. These are used to enforce data restriction as well as to design the flow of HR forms.

For restricting access to SITs based in responsibility, in the CustomForm, create a new custom form that is based on the SIT form.

Here you would get the option to decide which are the SITs that should be made available when this custom form is used.

Create a task flow node for the same, attach it to a task flow and reference the same in the form function definition for your responsibility.

Regards,
    Santhosh Jose
  • 11. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    user11995006 Newbie
    HI Santhosh,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information.

Regards,
    Supriya
  • 12. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    538200 Newbie
    Hi Santosh,

This is a good post.

But just want to know more about CustomForm. you have given a over view.

I want to know exactly what we can do with this CustomForm and what are the schenarios we can use this.

Thanks
    Bachan
  • 13. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    santhosh jose Journeyer
    CustomForms are specifically used for security purposes. It gives you an easy way of configuring access to certain pre-defined list of HR related data.

If you want to restrict access to employee records, you can setup security profiles.

But if you want to restrcict access to other HR components, such elements in the element entry screen, SITs, UDTs, EITs etc, you can use CustomForm.

You can get more detailed information on this on the Conī€guring, Reporting, and System Administration Guide for Oracle HRMS available from the Oracle's Documentation central online.

Regards,
    Santhosh Jose
  • 14. Re: SIT and DFF and EIT
    806716 Newbie
    some body said SITs are datetracked. But i think SITs are not tracked. Where as EITs are date tracked.
1 2 Previous Next

Incoming Links

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points