1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 3:39 PM by 666728

Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut

Hi,,
      We have requirement as to move the files from one server to the other server(here target or source is not ODI server).
      In the package>>internet i see this option trying to use it.Any no luck.

can anyone help me in this??
      I have entered the details in general tab and these are the details how it looks in command tab.

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.doc" "-REMOTE_DIR=D:/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

When i execute i'm getting the following error

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Invalid absolute URI "sftp://targetserverD:\hyperion\SecurityReports".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:58)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:641)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:582)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.tools.filecopy.RemoteFileCopy.copy(RemoteFileCopy.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.tools.SftpPut.actionExecute(SftpPut.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.function.SnpsFunctionBase.execute(SnpsFunctionBase.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execIntegratedFunction(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSqlS.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSqlS.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandSession.treatCommand(DwgCommandSession.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandBase.execute(DwgCommandBase.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.j(e.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.h.z(h.java)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.run(e.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Port number is missing from URI "sftp://targetserverD:\hyperion\SecurityReports".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.extractPort(HostFileNameParser.java:229)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.extractToPath(HostFileNameParser.java:134)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.URLFileNameParser.parseUri(URLFileNameParser.java:48)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileProvider.parseUri(AbstractFileProvider.java:170)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:54)

... 17 more

K

Edited by: kanna143 on Oct 7, 2009 2:44 PM
        • 1. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
          Hi K,

Trying to help ....

Whch OS you are using ?
          I guess the problem is comming from the URL

Can you please try different combinations of URL (Slash and BackSlash) for the parameters whcih you are passing ..

-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports
          -REMOTE_DIR=D:/hyperion

Regards,
          Rathish A M
          • 2. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
            Hi,,
            We are on windows 2003 32 bit server.

i tried in bot the ways and still it is complaining about the URI
            i tired as D:/\hyperion and also D:\/hyperion

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Invalid absolute URI "sftp://serverD:/\hyperion".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:58)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:641)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:582)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execIntegratedFunction(SnpSessTaskSql.java)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Port number is missing from URI "sftp://servernameD:/\hyperion".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.extractPort(HostFileNameParser.java:229)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.extractToPath(HostFileNameParser.java:134)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.URLFileNameParser.parseUri(URLFileNameParser.java:48)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileProvider.parseUri(AbstractFileProvider.java:170)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:54)

... 17 more

Thanks
            K
            • 3. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
              Hi K,

From the post 1 its reading the URL as

"sftp://targetserverD:\hyperion\SecurityReports".

and the second one the URL is some thing like two slashes( /\ ) are there ! ! !

"sftp://servernameD:/\hyperion".

(I guess, my reply confused you and you tried in a wrong way , Am I correct ? )

I mean the URL sholud look like this :-

"sftp://targetserver/hyperion/SecurityReports"

(
              also, i think the Drive location (D:) should not be there for remote server.
              From the root directory of your FTP, you need to declare the path ,

+( Note : not sure about this , need to try)+ )

can you please try the below commands :-

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.doc" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

or

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.doc" "-REMOTE_DIR=hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

Regards,
              Rathish
              • 4. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                Hi,,
                Yes i'm confused and used the wrong format.

when i used
                OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

i got the below error.

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not copy "file:///D:/SecurityReports/Security Reports.txt" to "sftp://targetserver/hyperion/Security Reports.txt".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(AbstractFileObject.java:902)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create folder "sftp://targetserver/hyperion".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:845)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1212)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:373)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:356)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.FileUtil.copyContent(FileUtil.java:100)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(AbstractFileObject.java:893)

... 15 more

Caused by: 2: Failure

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2294)

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.mkdir(ChannelSftp.java:1701)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileObject.doCreateFolder(SftpFileObject.java:168)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:834)

... 20 more

AND
                when i used this

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.doc" "-REMOTE_DIR=hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

I'm getting the folowing error.

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not connect to SFTP server at "sftp://targetserverhyperion/".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileProvider.doCreateFileSystem(SftpFileProvider.java:99)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:81)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:62)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not connect to SFTP server at "fm-dufress03hyperion".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpClientFactory.createConnection(SftpClientFactory.java:214)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileProvider.doCreateFileSystem(SftpFileProvider.java:90)

... 19 more

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.UnknownHostException: targetserverhyperion

at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.createSocket(Util.java:341)

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:181)

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:149)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpClientFactory.createConnection(SftpClientFactory.java:210)

... 20 more

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: targetserverhyperion

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.createSocket(Util.java:335)

... 23 more

NOTE:
                I did set up the sftp connection between both the servers.

Thanks
                K
                • 5. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                  Hi ,

I guess the first option :-

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fDyH4oVXqBHSwYRbmxCr" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:\SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

is now comming in the proper URL format.
                  Now the problem is , for the target folder location (remote folder)

---- Could not create folder "sftp://targetserver/hyperion".

Can you please crosschek this folder is there or not ?
                  and check the permission settings for creating a new folder for the user whcih you are running.

If that folder is not there , can you please try creating it mannually and run the process.

Regards,
                  Rathish A M

Edited by: Rathish on Oct 12, 2009 4:21 PM
                  • 6. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                    Rathish,,

the folder is their in D:\hyperion and also the userid which i'm using is the admin id.it has all the admin rights to the server.

i have a question here...
                    we are no where pointing the target folder as D:\hyperion. So how does it knows if the directory is in D drive or C drive??
                    is is just saying as "sftp://targetserver/hyperion" not the "sftp://targetserver/D:/hyperion"(this just my thinking)

Thanks
                    K
                    • 7. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                      Hi K,

One question -

Are yo trying to copy the file to a FTP server ?

When you are connecting to FTP server folder -> it will direclty point to the root folder for the user and password which you supplied.(so no need for the drive specification)

If the URL contails a colon (:) after the servername then it will check for the port number and if its not there , it will throw error.

FTP connection string format :-- ftp://user:password@host:port/path

Two more work around :-

Try to remove the space between the file name (for testing , replace the space with underscore for that txt file)
                      also use the proper case for the enter URL (folder name , file name , server name ....)

Open an internet explorer :-
                      type ->
                      sftp://targetserver/hyperion (test case 1)
                      ftp://targetserver/hyperion (test case 2)
                      sftp://user:password@targetserver/hyperion (test acse 3)

(use the proper server name , also try with the IP address)
                      and check whether this is connecting properly or not and let me know your findings)

Note :-

Is this is a very urgent requirement , try to write some scripts for doing this job and exceute the script using OS command from ODI. by the mean while we can try to fix this bug.
                      • 8. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                        Ankit J
                        You can create a shared drive on the windows machine as "hyperion"

and then you can try to access it using explorer using \\targetmachine\hyperion

Now, use one of the commands that you used earlier and it should work.
                        Remember to set the security properties of the shared hyperion folder appropriately.
                        Also in the command always use "/" slash.

HTH
                        • 9. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                          Hi,,
                          I have tried all the options which you mentioned in 1 and 2.

when i connect thru ie according your option 2 i can't open the folder.also tried with ip
                          how ever i can connect thru windows explorer to that loacation when i run this \\targetserver\hyperion (i have given full shared rights to this folder).

i'm using winscp for now but down the road we want to use this.so just making it work.

Thanks
                          K
                          • 10. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                            Hi,,
                            I have created the dfolder and gave full rights.i can connect to that from explorer \\targetserver\hyperion

and right noe my command looks like this.

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fJyaMfEYMBb7MEpqOBiWevp" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:/SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security Reports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/tmp" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

Still it errors out.
                            Your help is needed.

Thanks
                            K
                            • 11. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                              Ankit J
                              Your REMOTE_DIR should not be /tmp.
                              It should be /hyperion

Also, create another shared folder for LOCAL_DIR the same way as you created the hyperion folder.

Then finally your command should look like:
                              OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fJyaMfEYMBb7MEpqOBiWevp" "-LOCAL_DIR=/securityreports" "-LOCAL_FILE=Security_Reports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

Also take care while using the spaces in the file names and also the case of the file names and the folders.
                              • 12. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                                Hi,,
                                Now my command looks like this

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fJyaMfEYMBb7MEpqOBiWevp" "-LOCAL_DIR=D:/SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=SecurityReports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

NOTE:i have given full rights in sharing these.

But i'm getting the following error.

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not copy "file:///D:/SecurityReports/SecurityReports.txt" to "sftp://targetserver/hyperion/SecurityReports.txt".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(AbstractFileObject.java:902)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create folder "sftp://targetserver/hyperion".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:845)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1212)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:373)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:356)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.FileUtil.copyContent(FileUtil.java:100)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(AbstractFileObject.java:893)

... 15 more

Caused by: 2: Failure

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2294)

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.mkdir(ChannelSftp.java:1701)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileObject.doCreateFolder(SftpFileObject.java:168)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:834)

... 20 more

Please assist in this.

K
                                • 13. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                                  Ankit J
                                  Its still not the same.
                                  Remove the D:/
                                  and then try
                                  • 14. Re: Need help in setting up OdiSftpPut
                                    Now my command looks like this

OdiSftpPut "-HOST=targetserver" "-USER=userid" "-PASSWORD=fJyaMfEYMBb7MEpqOBiWevp" "-LOCAL_DIR=SecurityReports" "-LOCAL_FILE=SecurityReports.txt" "-REMOTE_DIR=/hyperion" "-STRICT_HOSTKEY_CHECKING=NO"

Now i'm getting this.....

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Invalid absolute URI "file://SecurityReports".

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Share name missing from UNC file name "file://SecurityReports".

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.WindowsFileNameParser.extractUNCPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:139)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.WindowsFileNameParser.extractWindowsRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:84)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.WindowsFileNameParser.extractRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:39)

at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.LocalFileNameParser.parseUri(LocalFileNameParser.java:78)

... 17 more
                                    1 2 Previous Next