This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2009 12:32 PM by 656904 RSS

Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the parts.

656904 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi every one. I started installing oracle EBS 11i on Windows Server 2003. Downloaded Oracle® Applications 11i Exchange Marketplace 6.2.5 Media Pack v1 for Microsoft Windows all parts/disks. Install guide says prepare stage area by running "adautostg.pl" from start hear disk. I downloaded it and unziped it manually and searched for "adautostg.pl" but didn't find any!! can any one please help me...........thanks in advance.

As i am unable to find "adautostg.pl" I started creating stage area by unzipping the parts manually (I use winrar). While unzipping, 3 parts gave me "CRC Failed error". There names are
------------------------------------------------------Part Name_ ---------------------------------------------------------------File Name_
Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 2---------------------B11409-01.zip
Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 13-------------------B11420-01.zip
Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 5---------------------B11434-01.zip

I redownloaded each part and unziped, got the same problem and I did this twice.........but now use.........please help me..........
How i downloaded the parts:
went to http://edelivery.oracle.com/
entered details
Select a Product Pack ---> E-Business Suite
Platform ----------------------> Microsoft Windows (32-bit).
click Go
then in the results i selected Oracle® Applications 11i Exchange Marketplace 6.2.5 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (Part # B18712-01)
And the downloaded all the downloads manually.

Thanks
Pratap.
  • 1. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the parts.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi,
    Hi every one. I started installing oracle EBS 11i on Windows Server 2003. Downloaded Oracle® Applications 11i Exchange Marketplace 6.2.5 Media Pack v1 for Microsoft Windows all parts/disks. Install guide says prepare stage area by running "adautostg.pl" from start hear disk. I downloaded it and unziped it manually and searched for "adautostg.pl" but didn't find any!! can any one please help me...........thanks in advance.
    When download the installation files from Oracle e-Delivery website you do not have to use the stage area script "adautostg.pl". Just place all the files in one directory (i.e. Stage11i) and extract the files there, and this will create the stage area directory for you.
    As i am unable to find "adautostg.pl" I started creating stage area by unzipping the parts manually (I use winrar). While unzipping, 3 parts gave me "CRC Failed error". There names are
    ------------------------------------------------------Part Name_ ---------------------------------------------------------------File Name_
    Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 2---------------------B11409-01.zip
    Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install Databases - Disk 13-------------------B11420-01.zip -
    Oracle® Applications 11i Release 11.5.9 for Microsoft Windows Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 5---------------------B11434-01.zip

I redownloaded each part and unziped, got the same problem and I did this twice.........but now use.........please help me..........
    CRC Failed error indicated that the file is corrupted, so you will have to download it again. To verify the integrity of the stage area directory, please refer to (Note: 316843.1 - MD5 Checksums for 11i10.2 Rapid Install Media).
    How i downloaded the parts:
    went to http://edelivery.oracle.com/
    entered details
    Select a Product Pack ---> E-Business Suite
    Platform ----------------------> Microsoft Windows (32-bit).
    click Go
    then in the results i selected Oracle® Applications 11i Exchange Marketplace 6.2.5 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (Part # B18712-01)
    And the downloaded all the downloads manually.
    Please see this thread.

download of 11i
    Re: download of 11i

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    656904 Newbie
    hsawwan wrote:
    Just place all the files in one directory (i.e. Stage11i) and extract the files there, and this will create the stage area directory for you.
    Thanks for your reply Hsawwan,

You said "Just place all the files in one directory (i.e. Stage11i) and extract the files there, and this will create the stage area directory for you."
    means do i need to create all the folders and subfolders? like
    Stage 11i
    |__ startCD
    ----------|__Disk1 (sub folder of startCD)
    |__ oraApps
    ----------|__Disk1 to Diskn (sub folders of oraApps) and so on, as shown in the installation guide?
    |__ oraDB
    ------------|__Disk1 to Diskn
    |__ oraAS
    -------------|__Disk1 to Diskn
    |__ oraAppDB
    --------------|__Disk1 to Diskn

or can i just place all the zip files in the Stage 11i directory and excrat them? I use winrar so Extract hear and Extract to B11409-01\ are the 2 options used which one do u want me to use?

I am now redownloading the CRC failed files, and i let you know how they behave,

Thanks once again for your help.
    Pratap.

Edited by: N.V.S.Pratap on Oct 10, 2009 11:55 AM
  • 3. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    Hi,
    You said "Just place all the files in one directory (i.e. Stage11i) and extract the files there, and this will create the stage area directory for you."
    means do i need to create all the folders and subfolders? like
    Stage 11i
    |__ startCD
    ----|__Disk1
    |__ OraApps
    ----|__Disk1 to Diskn and so on, as shown in the installation guide?
    You do not have to create any subdirectory as those directories will be created for you when you extract the files.
    or can i just place all the zip files in the Stage 11i directory and excrat them? I use winrar so Extract hear and Extract to B11409-01\ are the 2 options used which one do u want me to use?
    Correct. Use "unzip -d F:\Stage11i <Zip File>" to extract each file.
    I am now redownloading the CRC failed files, and i let you know how they behave,
    Good Luck!

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    656904 Newbie
    hsawwan wrote:

CRC Failed error indicated that the file is corrupted, so you will have to download it again. To verify the integrity of the stage area directory, please refer to (Note: 316843.1 - MD5 Checksums for 11i10.2 Rapid Install Media).
    Hi Hsawwan, I redownloaded the above 3 files many times but no use i got the same CRC failed error. In th above post you mentioned "Note: 316843.1 - MD5 Checksums for 11i10.2 Rapid Install Media" I didn't understand what this means.........

what do i have to do to install EBS?? while searching for the above number i got some metalink.oracle.com............but i don't understand what is this site? Is it a paid site? Please help me in this regards.............thanks,

Pratap.
  • 5. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    Hi,
    Hi Hsawwan, I redownloaded the above 3 files many times but no use i got the same CRC failed error. In th above post you mentioned "Note: 316843.1 - MD5 Checksums for 11i10.2 Rapid Install Media" I didn't understand what this means.........
    If you can manage to get the media pack (from Oracle store website or through Oracle Support), then please do. The md5sum verify the integrity of the stage area directory before you can use to start the instalation.
    what do i have to do to install EBS?? while searching for the above number i got some metalink.oracle.com............but i don't understand what is this site? Is it a paid site? Please help me in this regards.............thanks,
    You will have to have a valid CSI number and support contract with Oracle to use Metalink website.

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    656904 Newbie
    hsawwan wrote:
    If you can manage to get the media pack (from Oracle store website or through Oracle Support), then please do. The md5sum verify the integrity of the stage area directory before you can use to start the instalation.
    How much will it cost?
  • 7. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    Hi,
    How much will it cost?
    Check [Oracle Store|https://oraclestore.oracle.com] website.

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 8. Re: Unable to find adautostg.pl file, & "CRC Failed" while unziping the par
    656904 Newbie
    Thanks Hsqwwan,
    I am good and completed with the installation...........

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points